TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally getting a bumper and winch for ol' BR ... birthday gift so all is good!!

Dave'z Offroad winch bumper

Had some 3" wide 3/16" plate that I had to rip down to fit for a homemade reinforcement plate

Ditched the Toyota upper bumper mounts, one was way out of alignment and real light duty. Replace with 1/4" wall square tube with M12 nut welded inside

Burned everything in and ground down

Made some turn signal brackets. Speed nuts are the bomb, was able to reuse the original screws.

Painted

Painted

Bumper installed, winch installed

Approach angle not bad

Fairlead no fit

A little better fit but still won't line up

Gonna machine away the stuff in red

Hopefully the lights won't get torn off.. we'll see.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
That bumper looks great man, I found that I never needed a winch until I put one on the truck. Maybe Thad said that and I found it just as true.

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
That bumper looks great man, I found that I never needed a winch until I put one on the truck. Maybe Thad said that and I found it just as true.
Yeah I never needed one until I put one on the truck! Man that looks great Teddy!
Haha x3 regarding the winch.

Bumper looks great!

·
Registered
710 Posts
The bumper looks good. I'd trim the body off below the headlights just to clean it up a bit. I'm sure your signals will last for a while. If they get knocked out, just move them about 6 inches in.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks ya'll. Yeah wish I could say I never needed a winch until now but it's time for BR to pull his own weight! ..holy cow I'll never get to use it if my other parts don't get here to finish the steering!!! Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks good dude

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
.... now ya gotta paint the rest of the truck so it looks nice like the new bumper!

·
Premium Member
20,355 Posts
Nice work

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
.... now ya gotta paint the rest of the truck so it looks nice like the new bumper!
Yeah right! ...with a brush and roller!! Should I keep the same color coordination? :D

Nice work
Looks good dude
Thanks!

Got the fairlead back from a good buddy that has a Bridgeport. I have some good friends!! May have to soften the edge at the receiver lip, idk yet, it may be fine but don't wanna kill a new rope either. :eek:

·
Premium Member
20,355 Posts
Nice work

1 - 14 of 14 Posts