TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone selling one that will fit my truck? Havent been able to confirm that 98+ guards would fit mine.. does anyone know for sure what the difference is if any? Techs from Manik, Westin, etc all cannot confirm even though the mount points appear to be the same. I'm in the Boston area if anyone has a 98+ guard that wants to try fitting it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Give me the messurments between your two frames that stick out in front. I might have somthing for you

·
Registered
436 Posts
benster said:
Anyone selling one that will fit my truck? Havent been able to confirm that 98+ guards would fit mine.. does anyone know for sure what the difference is if any? Techs from Manik, Westin, etc all cannot confirm even though the mount points appear to be the same. I'm in the Boston area if anyone has a 98+ guard that wants to try fitting it.

i had one for a 98 and up and was gonna put it on mine but i got a badlands bumper and sold the brush guard. only thing i seen that would be a problem for most folks is that the hole/gap in the bumper isnt wide enough. so u would have to cut a hole so that the upper support could be installed and bolted to the top of the frame. on the 98's and up the hole/gap is wider so the upper mount goes through it. i hope u understand what i tried to explain.. lol but it will work IF u dont mind cutting u'r bumper a lil or just not using the upper support. i just wouldnt try putting any pressure on it or u could possibly bend the frame or the guard

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a Smittybilt Outland brushguard off of my 98 Tacoma that should fit your truck just fine. According to jhorn 007, the only problem would be the holes in the bumper being too small for the brackets to fit, so a hole would have to be cut. This would not be a problem with my brushguard because the brackets mount below the bumper to the tow hooks, and the upper supports rest on top of the bumper. There is nothing that has to come thru the bumper. Let me know if you are interested. I will give you pics, more details, etc.

·
Registered
436 Posts
UTKtacoma said:
I have a Smittybilt Outland brushguard off of my 98 Tacoma that should fit your truck just fine. According to jhorn 007, the only problem would be the holes in the bumper being too small for the brackets to fit, so a hole would have to be cut. This would not be a problem with my brushguard because the brackets mount below the bumper to the tow hooks, and the upper supports rest on top of the bumper. There is nothing that has to come thru the bumper. Let me know if you are interested. I will give you pics, more details, etc.

i suppose i should have clarified that it was a westin sportsman brushguard. i assumed that they all mounted in a similar place, but from the sound of it, yours is different and should work good for him :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts