TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was arriving at a service call this morning....

I get outta the truck for a bit, check the address, and notice my paperwork shows arrival time at 8am.....and it was 7:40ish. So I head back to the truck to chill for 20 paid minutes :D ...

As I turn my ignition on, the radio is ALWAYS set to the King of All Media...and I hear the ORIGINAL clip of Bubb Rubb. The whistles go WOOOOO!!!!!!....and so on. They only spoke briefly while playing the clip...but it was still funny as hell to hear it once again....I heard MOST of it, but no intro....I think I got in where he says 'its like an alarm clock'.......

Woo Woo!!!

Did anyone else here it????

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
The whistler exhaust in Oakland!!! WOO WOOO... IZ like a alarm clock, man!! I LUVS it!! It was the bright spot of the morning.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rojodiablo said:
The whistler exhaust in Oakland!!! WOO WOOO... IZ like a alarm clock, man!! I LUVS it!! It was the bright spot of the morning.

Did ya hear it??? Or was I hearing voices (again)?????

The weird thing....I work in Oaksterdam EVERYDAY. My last job was straight up GHETTO....(International Blvd at 103rd ave)....In the last two years since the Bubb Rubb news clip, I DONT see/hear that many whistle tips... The NEW fad sounds like a friggin JET engine. They take the exhaust tips and convert it from round to long and skinny (1.5" x 6") . The result, when they floor it (when do they NOT?) sounds like a jet engine taking off at the airport....you would have to hear it to believe it...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I guess the Oakland cops never bothered to do any research before telling folks that whistle tips aren't illegal in California.

27150.3. (a) A person may not modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle with a whistle-tip.
(b) A person may not operate a motor vehicle if that vehicle's
exhaust system is modified in violation of subdivision (a).
(c) A person may not engage in the business of installing a
whistle-tip onto a motor vehicle's exhaust system.
(d) For purposes of subdivisions (a) and (c), a "whistle-tip" is a
device that is applied to, or is a modification of, a motor vehicle'
s exhaust pipe for the sole purpose of creating a high-pitched or
shrieking noise when the motor vehicle is operated.

·
Premium Member
3,082 Posts
I DONT see/hear that many whistle tips... The NEW fad sounds like a friggin JET engine. They take the exhaust tips and convert it from round to long and skinny (1.5" x 6") . The result, when they floor it (when do they NOT?) sounds like a jet engine taking off at the airport....you would have to hear it to believe it...
i've heard a civic sound like a friken crop duster; he kept up with a supped up SS- that civic had balls.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
i've heard a civic sound like a friken crop duster; he kept up with a supped up SS- that civic had balls.
geeze, you must be more bored than I am, LOL

how many more ancient threads are you going to dig up? :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts