TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one on their non-lifted 2001-2004 Tacoma? I was really wanting to get one . Looks great and very funtional. I was wondering if they would work on a non-lifted Taco. Mine is still under warranty and i am very leary of messing with warranty stuff becasue all the problems dealers give you and such which is why i will wait and lift it after warranty goes out .

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ohio03trdtaco said:
You will be fine with it. I have skid and belly pan hanging under my truck with bolt on sliders as well.

Is yours lifted?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are the skids and pan from Budbuilt?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you should cut and trim your front plastic valence like i did and relocate your front turn signals, your truck looks good.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Bud's skid and belly pan will work on your truck regardless if it's lifted or not and should not void your warranty at all.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
2003 Tacoma trd extra cab v6 no lift cbi bolt on sliders, bud built IFS skid plate and belly pan.

Sorry kind of thought my post was a bit harsh.

Your truck will be fine with the skid plate. My truck has almost 200 lbs of extra weight on it and is starting to sag a bit. I will be putting a lift on it soon do to my suspension sag.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ohio03trdtaco said:
2003 Tacoma trd extra cab v6 no lift cbi bolt on sliders, bud built IFS skid plate and belly pan.

Sorry kind of thought my post was a bit harsh.

Your truck will be fine with the skid plate. My truck has almost 200 lbs of extra weight on it and is starting to sag a bit. I will be putting a lift on it soon do to my suspension sag.
Hey not harsh at all. Thanks for the information .Helped a bunch! My birthday is coming up and i want to "try and give my wife a hint" for my birthday. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does it use the stock skid plate screws or do you have to drill and tap new ones?

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
tercel89 said:
does it use the stock skid plate screws or do you have to drill and tap new ones?
Everything uses stock holes. No need for drilling and tapping. I had to modify the cross member for the belly pan, to clear my sliders but other than that direct bolt on replacement.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
ohio03trdtaco said:
My truck has almost 200 lbs of extra weight on it .
Very good point. Although i don't have this set up myself, i believe you should consider the weight you are adding to the truck. You might need a suspension upgrade eventually to compensate.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a budbuilt skid on my truck. 30 minute install with my little brother it is worth every penny. my truck was stock when I put it on. now i have the ome setup.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts