TTORA Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

Loaded a truck on it today....that truck weighs 6200lbs. Also weighed the trailer....weighs in at 2720....it and my dodge come in at 9100 lbs together. Towed it about 50 miles at speeds up to 70+ and it tows and rides awsome!!!

For tiedowns I mounted some loops up front and on back. I will take some pics tommorow.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks!!

It will work for now.....in the future I would like to cut it apart up in the front. The vertical piece at the front of the deck that the "tounge" attaches too needs to be about 3-4" taller. Its not a huge deal but it bugs me cause its not square. I have 20' of 3" x 4" heavy duty c-channel in my garage, so phase two will involve lifting / reinforcing the front hitch part.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So the state of Michigan has decided to be assholes about plateing it. I got some ideas though on how to give them the big:flipoff3:

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Sets on there good. I have to do something with it though....i hate the way the trailer sits high in the front and the truck sits high in the back....they need to be more parralell. I am gonna start with the truck I think since I hate how it sits way ass high all the time. From the factory it has a 4" block under the rear springs, so I am either gonna toss it and put a 2" block in its place or toss the block and springs both and run a 2" lift spring with no block. The second option is what I would prefer...just depends on what the springs cost. At that point I will reassess it and change the trailer too if I have to. Droping the truck 2" will actually allow me to drop the hookup point close to 5" since the truck and trailer will be more paralell and I willl be able to adjust the hitch down lower while maintaining clearance at the tail gate.

Of course if I was not a broke ass I could have just cought a trailer that worked right in the first place :(

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Todd will the trailer tongue hit the bed sides if the cab is a little nose down and turning? Just seems really close in the pic but that is just how pic's can be some times.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It wont hit but it gets close...in that pic the truck is downhill and the trailer is tipped toward the camera. That is what I am trying to fix by lowering the truck. Problem is the truck does not drop at all when you hook the loaded trailer to it.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Got it plated today....didn't have to jump through hoops or pay out the ass either. :flipoff1: state of michigan

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Towed my truck with it for the first time saturday. Holy shit does this thing tow nice!! I could not be happier...and I towed it with the old junk tires so it should be better yet now since I got new tires and wheels for it saturday as well.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
towed it 100 or so more miles.....this time with the new tires....works perfect....now just need to paint it

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
7 Participants
Full_Tilt_Fud
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing