TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New supercar!

Pretty damn crazy, pick up the new Popular Science and check out the article. Said to be the fastest production car ever.

-All wheel drive.
-Mid engine (imagine that)
-Top speed of 253 mph.
-8L engine
-W16 engine configuration
-16 cyl.
-Quad turbo.
-Ass load of aerodynamic electonic shit.
-Horsepower gauge lol. Yep, for real. 0-1001

Bigass engine picture. http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/10/veyron06_engine1600.jpg

·
Registered
414 Posts
New supercar since what? 2001?

Have you guys seen the video of it taking off? I've seen other high horsepower AWD supercars launch (Diablo) and it was nothing compared to what this monster can do.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
The Dude said:
x2...on to real news, you guys heard of the mclaren f1?

I think you're just making the name of that car up! ;) Fuck a Bugatti, I'd take a Mclaren over ANY car ANY day of the week.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
The Dude said:
i would do. they are the baddest shit made......cept for my truck

yeah mine too... that 3RZ lays down a mean set of black marks ;)

·
Registered
398 Posts
i read somewhere that the wing on the back raises at 137MPH..... :eek: i see porsches go down the road and their wing goes up at around 60 IIRC. i dont care what you say, that car would soooooo much fun to drive. jsut think about the turbos winding up at whatever RPM they wind up at........ now that would be some boost, would fuckin take off like no other when those turbos kick in

·
Registered
414 Posts
The boost curve on a car like that wouldn't be as ridiculous as you're imagining that it would be. Cars with that much R&D have ideal power curves. Not like a Civic with a T-62 bolted to it. Where it doesn't spool up until 5 grand, but when it does, you swallow your front teeth.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
94runner said:
i read somewhere that the wing on the back raises at 137MPH..... :eek: i see porsches go down the road and their wing goes up at around 60 IIRC. i dont care what you say, that car would soooooo much fun to drive. jsut think about the turbos winding up at whatever RPM they wind up at........ now that would be some boost, would fuckin take off like no other when those turbos kick in

No doubt, it would be a freaking blast...... But if I could choose, it wouldn't be my first choice ;). But, yes, if it was offered to me, you're damn right I'd take it haha!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
wslytoy said:
No doubt, it would be a freaking blast...... But if I could choose, it wouldn't be my first choice ;). But, yes, if it was offered to me, you're damn right I'd take it haha!
pretty much agree with everything he said. but for a "usable" quick car i would go with a porsche carrera gt. those are fucking sick.

but yea a horsepower guage would be kick ass. the power my truck puts out wouldnt register on that thing in the bugatti :p

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It does a few things of the sort. Under heavy braking at will adjust the angle for as much as 1/2 G (gravity) of downforce to improve traction.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
for actual top speed runs the wing is put down. at full throttle, if i remember right, it will burn through a tank pf fuel in something like 12 minutes or so. there is a top gear episode on it that you can find on google videos

·
Registered
414 Posts
I thought it was much heavier than other cars and was to be more considered as closer to a touring car.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well at 'Top speed' pop sci says it gets 4mpg. Saying tht is the case at 240 mph (4mpg even though it goes a little faster) it'll burn about a gallon a minute, so maybe. Seems about accurate dependingon the tank size.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Screw the McLaren. The Bugatti completely puts it to shame. If the two were to race, the Bugatti could wait until the McLaren reached 120mph before it left the line and it would still beat the McLaren to 200 mph. Now that is just stupid fast.

Speaking of that rear spoiler: supposeldy one of the ten radiators in that car is used specifically for cooling the hydraulic fluid used to maneuver that wing!

The fuel economy was correct as well. At full throttle the engine will burn through the 26.5 gallon tank in under 12 minutes.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts