TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a couple different styles for the bugsheilds, and all of the places i go to don't have the catalog pics for the tacoma, so im just wondering if anyone had any pics of them. If you remember the style, price, and where you got it, that would be helpful too. Thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts

toyota brand

i think this one is a Lund

·
Registered
419 Posts
wow that was a fast reply...

·
Registered
779 Posts
could that TRD sticker be any larger?? and the westin bling bar be any more chromed out..? The lund looks nicer..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bug guard

Whatever you do DON'T buy the toyota factory bug guard!!!!! I just took mine off and found out that the metal brackets wore right through the plastic tape they gave me and wore the paint right off in all 5 places on top of the hood. [email protected]@holes!! I went to the dealer and bitched. They didn't know about this problem and they are going to repaint my hood for free. Damn I'm lucky! Good luck picking one out.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
What is the point of the bug shield is it really to shield bugs or is it completly cosmetic.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think it probably helps for those 2 inches that it sticks up off the hood, but it definatley doesn't help to keep the windshield clean, i have it on my other truck and i would say its just for looks. that'll be last on my list, after the light bar with lights, sliders, and.. i already forgot, i have a list somewhere of like 6 things. oo well. if im lucky i'll lose it to help out on the bank account.:p

·
Registered
92 Posts
i can tell you exactly what the bug shield does. it deflect bugs, rocks and the likes to the top 1/3 of your windshield instead of the hood or middle of your windshield. 4000 miles and i already have 3 rock cracks.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Wade for $54.90 shipped from "awesomeaccessories" on eBay. Doesn't keep anything off the windshield but Norma thought it was nice and ordered it.

I like that alot, and for the price, its great. i might go with that.

·
Registered
116 Posts
What is the point of the bug shield is it really to shield bugs or is it completly cosmetic.
Modern ones help to protect your hood.... particularily the leading edge where they cover. What they don't do is prevent any bugs from hitting your windshield.

The only bug deflectors that actually do that are the old school strait verticle ones... but they're so old school ugly that the only people who still buy them are the same guys who deck out their full size pickups with full running lights, chrome CB antenna and a full sun visor above their windshield.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Wade for $54.90 shipped from "awesomeaccessories" on eBay. Doesn't keep anything off the windshield but Norma thought it was nice and ordered it.

just wondering, how did that mount on, was it screws or tape, and did you have to tap any holes?

·
Registered
407 Posts
just wondering, how did that mount on, was it screws or tape, and did you have to tap any holes?
Screws into existing holes....It's Wade's late-Taco-specific item.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Seconding the fact that if your Taco came with a Toyota one, you might want to take it off ASAP. I've heard this around and it was already confirmed in this thread- they screw up the paint on your hood.

·
Registered
9 Posts
GAH! I have an 07 TRD sport access cab and I have bought TWO Lund bug shields and they fit perfect and look very nice...until I try to close the hood, and the hood won't fully latch. I'm not into trimming my grill to get a stupid bug guard to work! Now I'm leary of trying to buy any other bug guard...anybody else have this problem yet??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey John, it only takes a couple months to get down to metal and then the rust will start showing. Seriously, those OEM ones have a huge design flaw. Good luck. Tom.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I have had mine for 4 months now, and its fine. The one on my 03 runner is 18 months old and no issues...well its off right now becuase the hood was replaced and they havent gotten me the new hardware kit, but it didnt damage the other hood... There is tape that goes on the hood, and it seems to be doing its job.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts