TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about building a camper to replace the bed of my truck. Something simple and light weight.

It will be mostly just a bed and some storage.

I want to replace my bed anyway because the last owner cut the wheel wells and it looks bad under the flares.

So I was wondering what a good, relatively inexpensive, weatherproof, and light material would be to use as the outside of my sleeper? I was thinking I would build the frame out of just 2x2's and 2x4's since I don't have a welder and I can't weld.

So any opinions would be great, I think when I get off work today I'm going to measure out the bed size, and then maybe see if I can't figure out how I'm going to match the curve of the cab (I suppose this will be mostly dependent on what material I decide on for the outside and how flexible it is)

Again any help would be appreciated, and any links to similar builds would be great to, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just brain storming here,... but I have always thought a pretty simple, light weight and probably easy to find replacement for our truck beds, if you were looking to make a camper, would be a used uhaul truck box. I see them on craigslist for sale all the time, they were put on toyota platforms and to change the dimensions would require no welding at all. They are riveted together. So in theory, you could pop the rivets off, make your cuts, drill new holes, and rivet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts