TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't make up my mind on what to do. I can pick up a 60 rear for pretty dang cheap and run it. Or I can pick up an elocker 80 for about 350-450. Locker doesn't mean squat to me. And then I'm looking at front axles and looks like a 60 is cheaper to build than an 80 front. What do I do?

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Well, you'll have to buy wheels too but those can be had pretty cheap.

I'd say if your in it to wheel hard and keep it reliable go Dana stuff... that's the trend. Built 8" Toy stuff (from what I can tell) is good up to 37" tars and bigger. It's all about how hard you wheel so that debate goes on forever.

Yur on 4dees right? Yeah, go tons. Unless you have "tons" of money to make bomb proof Toy axles!! lol Lots of good mods out there for the 80 series with hybrid stuff on them... check out the pirate threads on it. As much as you wheel I'm surprised you lasted this long!!! lol

Hope to shoe BR with 36's or 37's one day cause Toy axles are what I have. I don't (can't) spend any more money on them. This hobby is a fine line between budget and want. :eek:

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya. The axles held up pretty well. Rear diff was water logged for far to long and I'm sure that's what did it in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts