TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did a lot of LT thread reading and such and there are a lot of people saying that it is cool and all that to have an LT but just cause you have it doesnt mean you can fully use it.

So my question is after all that ready I had a hard come coming across threads that talked about reinforcing the frame. Can anyone point me in the right direction of threads or links to other websites that give me more info on this? Pictures of things that might be done to your truck to help would be awesome so I can actually see the mods needed.

I dont plan on spending 5k + on a front LT kit that I can not use to its full potential!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
So I did a lot of LT thread reading and such and there are a lot of people saying that it is cool and all that to have an LT but just cause you have it doesnt mean you can fully use it.

So my question is after all that ready I had a hard come coming across threads that talked about reinforcing the frame. Can anyone point me in the right direction of threads or links to other websites that give me more info on this? Pictures of things that might be done to your truck to help would be awesome so I can actually see the mods needed.

I dont plan on spending 5k + on a front LT kit that I can not use to its full potential!

Thanks
Im guessing you have an 08 Tacoma?

Your driving style and risk tolerance for breakage really dictates what you need or dont need.

Here is what needs to be done at a minimum just to avoid bigger damage later. This is all assuming that your not jumping your truck.

My F/R LT truck is nowhere near done as it lacks a cage, and all the tubing to tie it together front to rear for real strength. It really takes a full build to reliably enjoy a pre-runner if you drive hard or you just replace what you break as you go like most of us do.

-Beef up motor mounts
Post #9
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160992

-Double shear and gusset UCA bolts

-Gusset alignment cams

-Replace spindles with beefier spindles if 2wd or gusset 4wd spindles

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply..I guess after looking at a lot of threads I started skipping over some important posts...I got the spindles already taken care of, camburg lift spindles. Guess ill start looking into the above mentioned and see what I find. Thanks for the great starting point!

Where did your setup and gussetts come from?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks for the reply..I guess after looking at a lot of threads I started skipping over some important posts...I got the spindles already taken care of, camburg lift spindles. Guess ill start looking into the above mentioned and see what I find. Thanks for the great starting point!

Where did your setup and gussetts come from?
Total Chaos makes the lower alignment cam reinforcements. They may also make the reinforcements for the upper arm but depending on what long travel kit you get they may or may not work. You can always build them. I dont have any gussets on my front end other then the spindle gusset. I push my truck hard from time to time but 98% of my driving is on streets.

In the future I do plan to plate my frame rails from front to back. Reinforce the upper arm mounts but I want a new front long travel kit first which I cant afford at the moment in time. then a replacement spindle in the future also. I got big plans in my head but I lack the money part of it.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts