TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the earlier tundra's have the same mounting points as the 99 tacoma's? I want to get a 3" ultimate bull bar from westin but they only make them for the tundra's and I think the 2.5" ones look weak. My theory was that the mounting points might be the same while the tundra's frame would just be wider. In which case, I could just machine some spacers and be all set. I think the bumper clearances should be good because the tocama has a smaller front than the tundra anyways. Anybody habe any ideas on this?

Jeff

·
Registered
40 Posts
Toyota actually sells the Bull Bar as an accessory for the Tacoma (01-04 for certain). I think it is the same one made by Westin. I am not 100% certain, but I bet it would work with just a small bit of wrangling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, I'll have to look into that. But, mine is a 99...do the 01's carry the same mounting points?

·
Registered
347 Posts
if you check westins site they now offer a heavy bull bar instead of the tiny safari light bar. Looks pretty good, just toooo damn expensive for westin quality.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 99 Tacoma and I found a Bull Bar made specifically for my truck on Ebay, try looking on there.... ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts