TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kinda lame tech but could be helpful for those who are experiencing similar problems. I bought some clear bumper lamps to replace the factory orange lamps on my 98 Tacoma, and for some reason they are leaking. I have R & R'ed them 3 times each time sealing the gap between the lens and lamp housing with auto sealant, still to no avail. Water is not getting passed the bulb plug, this I can be certain as there is no evidence of water entry anywhere. I am thinking perhaps water is entering through the breather port (small hole with U shaped rubber elbow attached to it) but am somwehat doubtful of that. Anyone have any idea of what it can be, I have sealed these lamps tight but apparently am missing something somewhere. TIA

Ryan

·
Registered
892 Posts
SAStoy said:
Kinda lame tech but could be helpful for those who are experiencing similar problems. I bought some clear bumper lamps to replace the factory orange lamps on my 98 Tacoma, and for some reason they are leaking. I have R & R'ed them 3 times each time sealing the gap between the lens and lamp housing with auto sealant, still to no avail. Water is not getting passed the bulb plug, this I can be certain as there is no evidence of water entry anywhere. I am thinking perhaps water is entering through the breather port (small hole with U shaped rubber elbow attached to it) but am somwehat doubtful of that. Anyone have any idea of what it can be, I have sealed these lamps tight but apparently am missing something somewhere. TIA

Ryan
When you first installed them, did you seal them up ??

IF YES - maybe you've sealed them too much. Moisture (in the air) gets in but can't get out because the air can't get in there to dry it out.

Just a thought.....

I used to have clear corner lenses that I did the blinker mod on (I sold my truck). The only place I sealed was where the new bulb assembly goes in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts