TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building my rear bumper right now and wantd to know what you guys think of the mounting brackets. I have some 3/4" plate. Do you think that a piece 3" wide, 8" long will be strong enough for shackle mounts? The plan is to weld them to the frame and have them pass through a piece of 5" C-channel and have a hole in them for a shackle. And the other question is how big do I drill the hole for the clevis. From what I found online, the pin on the clevis is 7/8". Do I try to find a 15/16" drill bit, or 1"? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I decided to go a different route since I didn't get much feedback and I found some nice D-rings at TractorSupply. 1/4" 2"x3" angle for the mounting brackets. I let my uncle do the welding on these.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Looks good and sturdy. The only thing I can think of would have been to take the angle iron in a bit further past the spring shackle to add some extra strength. That might just be over kill though and I am good at over killing things. :D

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good and sturdy. The only thing I can think of would have been to take the angle iron in a bit further past the spring shackle to add some extra strength. That might just be over kill though and I am good at over killing things. :D
Yeah, I wanted to have about 6" welded to the frame, but the piece of angle I had was only 10.5" long, so I only got about 4.25" welded to the frame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts