TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fabricated bumper brackets to raise aftermarket bumpers after a BL?? Reason be, I just got a 2in BL and got the brackets but come to the brilliant idea that they won't support the winch or a trailer if I tow. So... let me know.

·
Registered
704 Posts
If you are talking about the rear bumper, I would use a reciever off of the frame to tow a trailer. I never really liked pullin straight off the bumper.

As far as aftermarket bumpers....Shrockworks bumpers are designed to accomadate body lifts. Up to 3", I believe.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I agree with Arrowpilot on the rear bumper, once you get a look at the mounts you wont be excited about towing with it. Your better off with a receiver hitch in back. I modified my receiver to sit 3" higher adding a body lift. Depending on the receiver you have/get there are a few ways to lift it.
On the front bumper you should be able to cut half inch thick or preferably thicker flat plates to lift it. Unless you have a winch or its a weight bearing component of some type. Then you'll need to custom build new brackets off the bumper directly to the frame.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I have all pro stuff, I have a winch up front and the tow setup for the all pro stuff is pretty beefy, IMO. so...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
bagal
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing