TTORA Forum banner

What Date is good for you for Burro Wash?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Burro Wash, BBQ!!!!!!

Alright, we need to get a nice easy local run together. :cool: :woot:
So, I think that Burro Wash would be a good local run, where we can just kick back on the river, BBQ swim, fish, drink (a little!) and get to know each other a bit better. :xbeer3: :xbeer1: :xpopcorn:
We can all pitch in and make this a fun day!!! :D

So, lets pick, either June 8th or June15th (Sunday)
Meet at the Rebel gas station in Boulder City @ 9:00 am, leave by 9:30 am.
Head down to the sub-station, air down, then head in. :driving: :driving: :driving: :woot:

BBQ, etc... Everybody who wants to go should bring items to cook, eat, drink, etc..... :kewl: :thumbs:

So, what does everyone think??

EDIT:

Okay, I'm making an executive decision!!

Burro Wash...BBQ/Picnic:

June 15th, 2008.

Meet @ the Rebel gas station in Boulder City, NV 89005

Time: Meet @ 9:30 - 9:48 am.

Leave for the trail @ 10:00 - 10:17 am.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am planning a nice, local, fairly easy to get to-great BBQ and get together for everyone, and am expecting a great turnout!!!! :D

This a very close to home run, and a great time is guaranteed for everyone who attends!!!

BBQ, swimming, fishing, floating, eating, drinking (water of course!!) and all around good time!!
In case no one knows where Burro Wash is, it starts in Boulder City, and ends on the Colorado River!!!! 50* water will cool you down, and keep you awake and alert when you jump in!!! :eek: :eek: :p

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sound like a fun trip,:thumbs: haven't been there for a while, last time I went there the road was completely washed out and couldn't get to the water.:(

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sound like a fun trip,:thumbs: haven't been there for a while, last time I went there the road was completely washed out and couldn't get to the water.:(

We'll get to the water just fine!! :rolleyes: We do have 4wd Toyota trucks after all!!! :D

How's your dad?? I haven't seen him today, or yesterday. :( I tried calling him earlier, no answer. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
593 Posts

This was Burro Wash or What once was Burro Cove on Dec. 23rd. As you can see from the picture my truck is parked next to the diving cliff on the south cove and fairly close to the river channel.

I sure hope the water level is up to what it should be or we may have to drive down to lake mohave to pick up the swimmers and rafters if looks like this. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No go for me on the 8th. but the 15th should be doable. :cool:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

This was Burro Wash or What once was Burro Cove on Dec. 23rd. As you can see from the picture my truck is parked next to the diving cliff on the south cove and fairly close to the river channel.

I sure hope the water level is up to what it should be or we may have to drive down to lake Mojave to pick up the swimmers and rafters if looks like this. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No go for me on the 8th. but the 15th should be doable. :cool:

The water should be up this year. Record snowfall in the Rockies!!!!! :D
Just need about 10 more years of it to recover fully!!! :rolleyes: :eek:

I guess I should have put up a poll for voting for the 8th or 15th!! :p

So, we have one for the 15th of June. I can do the 15th as well, so that makes two (2). Although, the 8th is fine too! :cool:

We can go down to Nelsons Landing to pick up any floaters!!! :driving: :driving:

·
Registered
593 Posts
OFF-TOPIC:

did you move to the new shop yet?

I need to drop by the week before the 15th.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OFF-TOPIC:

did you move to the new shop yet?

I need to drop by the week before the 15th.
:xofftopic

We open Monday. We'll be moving Saturday and Sunday. Seven day work week!!!! :eek: :eek:

:xofftopic Now, Back to Topic.............

·
2,251 Posts
I might be able to make it on the 8th, but the 15th is no good for me (family in town)

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I might be able to make it on the 8th, but the 15th is no good for me (family in town)

Well, at least we know that you're actually alive!!!!! :rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
648 Posts
ok. 4runner has started. Now if I can figure why the tail light fuse keeps blowing I'll definitly be down for either date. If I get it fixed does anybody wanna go out for a while on this Sun?

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK. 4runner has started. Now if I can figure why the tail light fuse keeps blowing I'll definitely be down for either date. If I get it fixed does anybody wanna go out for a while on this Sun?

I would, but, we're moving to our new store Sunday.

Hey, if you make it to the Burro Wash picnic, bring water toys (no..not that kind!!) for your son to play in the water!!! :cool: :D
Also, a life vest would be a good idea. :D

·
Registered
648 Posts
What does that mean opening a new store? Good thing you clarified (toys). Could have been embarasing.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What does that mean opening a new store? Good thing you clarified (toys). Could have been embarrassing.

After 10 years in business at the same location, Saturday, May 31st, is the end of Findlay Toyota @ 925 Auto Show Dr. Henderson, NV 89014!!!! :( :eek:

We re-open at Findlay Toyota's new location @ 7733 Eastgate Henderson, NV 89015 on Monday June 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!! :xpimp: :xrocker: :clap: :thumbs:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In 50 ° water???!!!! :eek:

Yeah, but with 100* + temperatures, a dip into the 50* water sure feels great!!!!!!! :D :kewl: :woot:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts