TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear Burt Toyota is no long Burt ? some other group bought them, and everyone lost thier jobs, BUT can re-apply..
Anyone here work there ?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Brian, (thefatkid) did, but I believe that he is reapplying though. Hope for the best!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Summit automotive group purchased Toyota and Subaru. The new name is Groove. They/we (I hope) will be open for business on Monday.

Unknown how long till Burt sells GM and Ford product dealers. There is talk that they will keep those dealers because LG Chavez jr. likes the idea of doing hybrid conversions on comercial vehicles. The last few years LG jr. was not too intrested in the dealer happenings. I think in a couple years he will just get out of the business. LG sr. who purchased the "Burt" name in the 70's, has been retired for a while, he was the car guy.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Holy Crap. And I was just there on Thursday. Man I wish you the best. I hope the dealer what ever the name is still going to be decent. Keep us informed of what happens.

·
7,735 Posts
Hello lamp-post, what's cha knowing, I've come to watch your flowers growin'
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me, do-it-do-do, feelin' groovy​

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Hello lamp-post, what's cha knowing, I've come to watch your flowers growin'
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me, do-it-do-do, feelin' groovy​
Now you're sounding like David :D or me when I "eppisode" post whore :(

Just ribbin' ya! :thumbs:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Summit automotive group purchased Toyota and Subaru. The new name is Groove. They/we (I hope) will be open for business on Monday.

Unknown how long till Burt sells GM and Ford product dealers. There is talk that they will keep those dealers because LG Chavez jr. likes the idea of doing hybrid conversions on comercial vehicles. The last few years LG jr. was not too intrested in the dealer happenings. I think in a couple years he will just get out of the business. LG sr. who purchased the "Burt" name in the 70's, has been retired for a while, he was the car guy.
So Brian, does this still mean it will be a Toyota place too?

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
So did the same thing happen to you Daryl? Cuz if so, that doubly sucks! Did you have to re-interview too? Cuz you know we'd do a petition for you as well!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Well that's good to know. It's nice to see you post up again ;) You have great tech to offer as well!

·
7,735 Posts
Now you're sounding like David :D or me when I "eppisode" post whore :(

Just ribbin' ya! :thumbs:
it's the lyrics to Simon and Garfunkle's 59th street bridge.. It's just what I think of when I hear groovy (Groove toyota, get it?) no? ok.. fine, but don't compare me to dave.

I hear they're going to make the techs sing it while working the first week just to be sure they are on board with the change. did I get that right brian?

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
My bad.. didn't mean to compare you with Dave :D

Saw this on 9 news:

ENGLEWOOD - For 70 years, the name has been synonymous with car sales in Colorado. Come Monday morning, the name Burt will not be associated with two of their seven dealerships.

Burt Subaru, located at 5300 S. Broadway, and Burt Toyota, located at 5470 S. Broadway, have been sold to the Summit Automotive Partners. Summit owns 30 other dealerships around the country, including one in Glenwood Springs and one in Silverthorne.

Their new Subaru and Toyota dealerships will reopen on Monday morning at 7 a.m. under the new names of Groove Subaru and Groove Toyota. But far more than just the names will change.

"We're doing a huge renovation," Rod Buscher, CEO and President of Summit Automotive Partners, said. "We're going to do an extreme makeover in 72 hours."

The entire look, inside and out will change in both dealerships. There are plans to eventually build completely new dealerships on the property.

Buscher is a familiar name in the Colorado auto industry. He is a former partner in the John Elway Dealerships. His involvement in those dealerships lasted from 1989 until 1998 when the dealerships were sold to AutoNation.

He is now partnering with another well-known Coloradan, George Gillett. Gillett is the owner of the Montreal Canadiens, a NASCAR team, England's Liverpool Football club and Booth Creek Resorts. He began acquiring automotive dealerships with Buscher in 2006.

Also changing at the two dealerships is the employment status of the 200 plus employees. All have been let go, but will be given the opportunity to reapply for positions with the new dealerships.

"They're all going through an interview process so we can tell them what we're all about and they can tell us their background and history," Buscher said.

While the sale affects Burt's Subaru and Toyota dealerships, it will have no effect on their other five car dealerships in Colorado.

"The rest of our dealerships are going to continue to maintain the same Burt family attitude," L.G. Chavez Jr., President and CEO of Burt Automotive Network, said.

Customers who purchased vehicles at the Burt Subaru or Burt Toyota will have their warranties honored the new Groove dealerships.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I hear they're going to make the techs sing it while working the first week just to be sure they are on board with the change. did I get that right brian?
I heard they were going to put in big speakers and periodically put on some groovy music. Everyone in the dealership including the technicians will have to stop what they are doing and line dance with a lava lamp in their hands. :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing: :rofl:

No really I hope this is a good change for everyone at Burt ur......... Groove Toyota

1 - 17 of 17 Posts