TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bushing on my struts look a little worn, are there replacements available?
Opinions welcome.

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
That kit won't replace the shock bushing ;) The bushing looks to be shot, but the best way of finding out is to pull the strut out of the lower mount and see. It the rubber is totally disintegrated, then yes its time to find a replacement. The best way to find out if they make a replacement, is to call your local Toyota dealer... explain what you need, and see if they have it. Although they might, I don't believe they do...

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
JLtaco said:
My bushing on my struts look a little worn, are there replacements available?
Opinions welcome.

geeze! looks like more than just a bushing is shot, LOL

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I'm looking for a band-aide until I can afford to replace the stock struts. My poor truck has suffered a ton of abuse and steady salt spray here in Hawaii. I'll treat her to some modifications soon :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
JLtaco said:
Thanks guys, I'm looking for a band-aide until I can afford to replace the stock struts. My poor truck has suffered a ton of abuse and steady salt spray here in Hawaii. I'll treat her to some modifications soon :D
I did not think that it could get worse than MI winters. But I guess so.... You guys have salt 24/7/365!

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
If you only want to patch the problem, you could just press that bushing out and press in a new one that you can get from the dealer.

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
hytenor said:
geeze those are pricy...probably pick them up for 1/4 that price from suspension.com in Modesto.

would any hourglass type shock bushing (like we use in the Bils) work here? if so you can get those for about a buck each from Camburg. just specify the ID size.
This would be the best bet IMO especially for the price...

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I have a pair of OEM Toyota bushings for you..$25 shipped.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
hytenor said:
geeze those are pricy...probably pick them up for 1/4 that price from suspension.com in Modesto.

would any hourglass type shock bushing (like we use in the Bils) work here? if so you can get those for about a buck each from Camburg. just specify the ID size.
NO ....You can't use that type of bushing there, way to much leverage on that arm(all of the front end weight)..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm talking with a fellow at Wheeler's, who is getting the appropriate parts together.
How about a picture of my anti-sway end link bushing for fun? It doesn't look that bad, but it has quite a embarrassing squeak!
[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Kidding right??? That bushing is shot, you see 1/2 off it hanging off...

·
Registered
196 Posts
JLtaco said:
I'm talking with a fellow at Wheeler's, who is getting the appropriate parts together.
How about a picture of my anti-sway end link bushing for fun? It doesn't look that bad, but it has quite a embarrassing squeak!
[/IMG]

my sway boot ripped right there too...does anyone know the part number? is that bushing replacable on the sway?

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
JoeTaco said:
my sway boot ripped right there too...does anyone know the part number? is that bushing replacable on the sway?
is anything on that rig not rusted to death? :eek:
don't you HI guys have any fresh water to hose things down every now and then? :p

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hytenor said:
is anything on that rig not rusted to death? :eek:
don't you HI guys have any fresh water to hose things down every now and then? :p
The front plastic bumper seems to be resisting corrosion very well. :D I used to spend a great deal of time parked on the beach directly in the path of salt spray. I'd say I would rinse almost weekly , but that has tapered off lately.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts