TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a nice crack in my '06 Tacoma taillight.

I'm looking at my options for fixing / replacing it. I can go original parts for about $110, or I can go aftermarket and get a set of assemblies for about the same...something like this...Black Aftermarket Altezza ...for about $130 shipped, but I get both sides and a slick new look. Too cheesy?

I'd love to see pics of any aftermarket options anyone has used.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
you may be able to just buy the lense from trdparts4u for a lot cheaper than the whole house. the lens on my 02 rear taillight was ~$20-30

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,421 Posts
I hate the look of those types of aftermarket tail lights. Has the same impact as chroming out an H2. I'd look into a replacement lens from Toyota.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cooper4x4 said:
you may be able to just buy the lense from trdparts4u for a lot cheaper than the whole house. the lens on my 02 rear taillight was ~$20-30
It seems crazy, but I checked it out and the lens alone is $94.39, but if you pay $95.69, you get the whole assembly including the bulbs and wiring, etc.

So for $1.30 you get a full set of spare bulbs. Go figure.

Thanks for the help and the link. They are actually the cheapest I've seen so far.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Damn that's steep!!! I have a crack in my passenger tail light but at that price I can live with it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Check e-bay? I'm usually seeing stuff like this for cheap around there. Always worth a shot.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ebruddah said:
Damn that's steep!!! I have a crack in my passenger tail light but at that price I can live with it.
I'll swap you my cracked driver side for your un-cracked driver side so that we'll at least each have matching taillights. :)

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
bunghole said:
I'll swap you my cracked driver side for your un-cracked driver side so that we'll at least each have matching taillights.
Heehhe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts