TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
****BUYERS BEWARE of bigbadyota ****

Hate to make this post, BUT need to share my dealing with this SELLER with fellow TTORA members.

Made a deal with SELLER, took Money $$$$ for the parts, THEN next day texts he sold to someone else instead!!

While Money has now been returned in full.

DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME.

You may not be as lucky to get your money back.
GOOD LUCK to all that actually got their parts.

**** BEWARE ****

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Nice call out man!

I already called and explained to you (man to man) what happened with me giving the other guy first dibs and the payment situation etc. I’m not sure what else you would like to hear. Like I said, it was my fault, I should have waited later in the day to receive the other guys payment, and not jumped the gun thinking he flaked.

Your money (deposit) was fully refunded within minutes of talking to you and I still offered to meet you with the remaining parts you wanted.

This is a local forum, I know or have met quite a lot of these guys on here in the past few years at some point. If you are suggesting I would take someone’s money, perhaps you should re-check yourself. If I had not called you up and kept your money then I could see you making a buyer’s beware thread.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm only letting others know that you feel a money exchange is not an agreement to purchase. Kind of like going to buy a car, paying for it, then going to pick it up only to get your money back instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
This is total drama dude, I have already told you multiple times that I told the other guy they were his first. 99.99999% of the time if I got money for something that guy who sent the $$ gets it, however, since dude already stated consider them sold and would pay me X, until that day they are his, unless he decides other wise. As I said I jumped the gun, and as you know since I have told you this several several times.

If you would like to further confront me regarding this issue or ask me anything face to face, the next time I go through Atlanta which is in a couple weeks I would be glad to stop by and explain once again the situation to you?? Just let me know, maybe we can settle any uneasy feelings you have towards me.

From now on when selling something, I will put a disclaimer up stating the following:
Cash talks BS walks, first person to send money to my paypal gets the parts.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you considered them sold why keep asking me if I want them and state let's make a deal. Then go as far as taking money from me? Obviously you didn't intend then on honoring the first "deal" you made.

This thread is not about drama. Just keeping the Ttora members aware as initially posted.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
As I have already explained once again to you via text, phone calls and on here it was my fault because I jumped the gun and didn't wait until the day was over to hear back from the original buyer.

I honored the original buyer yes since he called dibs on the parts and I sent you back your deposit. I again tried to further accommodate you by offering to still meet you with the other parts you wanted and also the other parts you wanted for free to so call sweeten the deal. There is no pleasing you. Sorry I kept my original word to the other guy and refunded all your deposit. I wouldn't keep your money or anyone else's money and not send them the parts. I have been burnt in the past via online purchases and it flat out sucks.

BTW I was going to refund you back and extra 50$ for your time but since you got all butt hurt and still don't understand I decided not to.

·
Registered
878 Posts
This ^

Edit: Dude erased his post:dunno:

But either way this guy is trying to make it right. Has admitted he was wrong and that he was sorry and gave you your money back.

So what’s the problem here?? Stop being so butt hurt that the parts were sold before you sent him the money. Yes it was his bad, but he has made it clear that it was his mistake.

So time to move on.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
This ^

Edit: Dude erased his post:dunno:
That was my post and I'm not sure what happened...:dunno:

But my response was on par with Battlewagon. This seems to have been blown out of proportion. While I do think you have reason to be upset, I don't think this situation warranted a public forum thread bashing Josh. He's tried to make it right, and really isn't arguing with you, and has also apologized.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
While you did have the fortitude to actually speak to me on the phone, which I appreciated, there was never any offer of concessions for my inconveniences, so I'm not sure why you're mentioning these now. Let's keep this to the facts that actually happened, not "was gonna". Why would I want to deal with you any further?

"Butt hurt" as you are referring to for being deceived and mislead? Really? More like disappointed, confused and upset for being duped by your selling tactics.

As I see you're continuing to pursue try to sell stuff here. I've moved on to informing others so they don't end up involved in the same deal. I would hate for my fellow Ttora friends to have the same happen to them.

I'm pleased by sharing this unsatisfactory buying experience with others. This is an open marketplace and just providing feedback on sellers to other prospective buyers.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Apparently someone/moderator did not like his post above and had it removed.

Maybe if you had not tried low balled me, kicked around the tire since I put the parts up about my prices and what you could afford, and wanted all the other parts for free you would have purchased the stuff from me when you first called and none of this ever would have happened. If you don’t have the money for the parts or you need to take out a loan to buy Toyota parts, you have bigger problems than griping like you are, sorry :eek:.

I am over this thread because I guess you still can’t comprehend what I have been trying to tell you since last weekend. And again, I was going to send you some boot over your way until we spoke and you couldn’t understand I honored my original word to a guy the day before and you acted all disappointed/butt hurt and got a slight attitude .

Next time make a useful thread where someone actually steals your money and/or parts! Not a seller who performed the following actions.

1) honored his original word to the buyer
2)called you to explain what happened
3) apologized to you
4) refunded all your money back within minutes of talking to you
5) still offered to meet you with the remaining parts you wanted

And again, if you would like to meet face to face just let me know :xrocker:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lets put all the facts out there as they are clear indeed.

Nov 6-8th - You and I spoke and discussed purchasing the items. At this point I agreed they were more than I wanted to spend and to find another buyer.

(THIS IS WHERE IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED)

Wednesday Nov 12th- You text me "Let's make a deal, you offered $1700 I was at 2k. Let's meet in the middle at 1850 for both thirds" " And again could meet you in Calhoun after work one day"

(Why contact or make an offer to me if you had made an agreement with someone else the prior day! ??? )

Thursday Nov 13th- You text me again "So what deal can we do with the thirds? "

(obviously still at this point you still haven't honored any other deal you later state you "agreed" to)

Friday Nov 14th - 11 am - We agree on said items and make a deal on price and pickup on Sunday. You sent me your paypal address for deposit. I sent you paypal deposit with outstanding cash to be brought on pickup as you agreed.

3pm - you text me to acknowledge my payment and discuss additional items available for purchase.

Saturday 12:00- noon - You text me
"A guy paypaled me this morning for both thirds, he said since Tuesday to consider them sold but had to wait till Friday when he got paid.... I can either refund you back your money or if you still want the door handle things and both front and rear axles I will still met you for those" :eek:
We then spoke on the phone and I agreed for you to return my money instead of buying other parts from you.

( Never did you offer anything free, it was clear the option was refund or purchase other items. I wanted to be sure to get my money back from you, as it was sent without Paypal insurance, as you had led me to trust you up till this point.)

Saturday 2pm - Money was refunded as agreed.

(Nothing further about any concession for my inconvenience as you state now.)

Saturday 10pm - You continued your intent to sell to other members here in this forum.

Monday 5pm - Post created to advise other potential buyers.

There's the truth.

I don't know you personally, unfortunately only by this sour transaction. Perhaps you are a nice guy, who has rotten business sense.

I have no reason at this time to meet you face to face. :confused:

It's always quite possible our paths will cross at sometime, maybe on the trail, race-course or at a buddy's house. Maybe I will get the opportunity to know you beyond this transaction. I have accepted your apologize and do understand everyone makes mistakes.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I know both of you guys, so I'm not going to comment on who is at fault (I honestly don't have the time to care). I also know you are both good guys and Josh is not a business man. He did however rectify his mistake and held his word to the original buyer. Those are two honorable things in this situation regardless of who is at fault.

·
Registered
878 Posts
He did however rectify his mistake and held his word to the original buyer. Those are two honorable things in this situation regardless of who is at fault.
BAMM, BAMM BAMM!!

^- This 100%

1 - 15 of 15 Posts