TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says. Im going to the dealer ship this week to buy another new tacoma. No trade in all cash deal and I dont need them to finance me.
As for options I am going to ask for

- front all season mats
- rear all season mats
- hood deflector
- side visor deflectors
- skid plate
- security systey

Here are the models and prices they are listed on toyota.ca with all taxies levies and the options I want.

Double Cab 4x4 SR5 V6 (6m) 41640.97
Access Cab 4x4 TRD V6 (6m) 42816.17
Access Cab 4x4 SR5 V6 (6m) 39420.52

I am also going to try and swing in some BFG AT 285/75r16 in place of the stock crap tires if they are willing to do it. I hear they are usually good about it.
Not 100% sure what model to get have not decided on if I need the passenger room and if the trd package is really worth while if I plan to change the suspension week after I buy the truck with OME.

Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
338 Posts
Where in canada are you? This may have some affect on the price.
If you know the exact model and options you want, try to use fleet
services. However, if you speak to a salesperson in the dealership you can't use fleet services at that same dealership.

On my 06 tacoma V6 auto. 4x4 TDR Off Road - total purchase price $40350.50

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in BC on vancouver island. 40350.50 for a access cab trd with the auto tranny that is a pretty good deal thats arround 4000 off the site price. How did you manage that?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have an 05 Access Cab 4x4 TRD off-road V6, 5 speed auto. To give you an idea my final purchase price was $39557. Freight and taxes alone bumped the price close to $6500, ridiculous. Now that the Tacoma's have been around for a few years you may be able to get a better deal, I bought mine two weeks after they arrived on the lots so there wasn't a lot of room to negotiate, thankfully I knew the sales manager, it helped. You should be able to get at least 5% off the sticker, but aim for 10%.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10% really that much? Wow i didnt know you could get so much off. If that is the case if i could get any of those trucks for 36 - 38 i would be very happy. Would leave a nice chunk of change for ome lift, 33" bfg ats, sliders, brush bar, lights, exhaust and a stereo

·
Registered
291 Posts
Anthony Sordi said:
Just as the title says. Im going to the dealer ship this week to buy another new tacoma. No trade in all cash deal and I dont need them to finance me.
As for options I am going to ask for

- front all season mats
- rear all season mats
- hood deflector
- side visor deflectors
- skid plate
- security systey

Here are the models and prices they are listed on toyota.ca with all taxies levies and the options I want.

Double Cab 4x4 SR5 V6 (6m) 41640.97
Access Cab 4x4 TRD V6 (6m) 42816.17
Access Cab 4x4 SR5 V6 (6m) 39420.52

I am also going to try and swing in some BFG AT 285/75r16 in place of the stock crap tires if they are willing to do it. I hear they are usually good about it.
Not 100% sure what model to get have not decided on if I need the passenger room and if the trd package is really worth while if I plan to change the suspension week after I buy the truck with OME.

Any help is appreciated
http://www.trader.ca/Search/Enlarged.asp?strPic=5835488&strYear=2005&strMake=TOYOTA&strModel=TACOMA&strMile=39000&strPrice=28500&region=-1&mknm=768&makeid=768&Categoryid=2&imgurl=http://images.trader.ca/autotrader/11/57/3617866.jpg.fpx?large&CAT=2
This is loacated in Ontario... BUT a pretty good deal.... I could only link the pic, you can search for all the details...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well thanks for the help its good to know where I stand. I plan to just go in test drive all three of the above models and also give an automatic double cab a spin. Figure which one I like the best and then haggel the salesman. From past experiences buyin a vehicle i found if you go in show ur ready to buy the truck and then leave right after talking money to think about it and letting them call you back usually works. Then you make them a new offer over the phone if they dont agree you just say your gona shop arround a bit see what else is out there and you can usually get your ways. Here is what I am shooting for.

Double Cab 4x4 SR5 V6 (6m) 41640.97 (try 39,000 out door)
Access Cab 4x4 TRD V6 (6m) 42816.17 ( try 40,000 out door)
Access Cab 4x4 SR5 V6 (6m) 39420.52 (try 37,000 out door)

I am leaning towards the sr5 access cab mainly because I dont see a point paying an xtra 2g for a upgraded suspension in dash disk changer and a power seat that moves for me that I will change out any ways.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
well please do share what you paid and how you managed such a steller deal mate

wtf... there was a post that guy said he paid well under 38g fro his v6 access cab trd auto tacoma and it vanished...

·
Registered
338 Posts
The price I got was through fleet services. They don't make commission so they give you a better price.

TRD off road 4x4 access cab v6 auto $36230.00
Discount (fleet services) $ 2570.00
total $33660.00
pre-delvery expenses $ 775.00
total sale price $34435.00

Freight $ 535.00
Federal air tax $ 100.00

total vehicle price $35070.00

provincial tax $ 2805.60
GST $ 2454.90
License fee $ 20.00

total purchase price $40350.50

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm not sure, a few people told me thats what they did. Even a complete stranger came up to me to talk about the truck said they had just bought it through fleet services (and got a good deal). The person i went through was a friend of the family. It can't hurt to try.

By the way, add yourself to the "Canadian roll call" in the off topic section.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the heads up on the fleet deal. I tried but they just sent me to the local toyota. But i have a pretty good sales rep there I have bought 2 trucks off him already and my old mans dad has bought 2 so he treated me right. I kinda blanked on the return customers are liked thing but it found me in the end. I managed to get

07 access cab v6 trd off road with 6speed manual
options
skid plate
window and hood visors
front and rear all season matts
alarm system
towing accessories package
tool box
BFG 285/75r16's in place the rugged terrains

They are also going to install my lift and exhaust for free as soon as i get them

For 40,000 out the door... I feel i did pretty good considering there is a good 1600 in extras and $500 in labour and the truck is suppose to be 43 range. Saved a good 5000g

Edit: no pics wait for the lift then it will be seen in toyota 05 - 06 folder because with no lift and that big of tires it looks funny and drives it too.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Canuckistan is a whole different place. I've heard they're fond of the U.S. dollar, and possibly have a currency of their own. Therefore, I'd suggest you pay in Canuckian dollars.

Or, if they are still in the bartering ages, you could try offering your sister and first born daughter?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Anthony Sordi said:
Thanks for the heads up on the fleet deal. I tried but they just sent me to the local toyota. But i have a pretty good sales rep there I have bought 2 trucks off him already and my old mans dad has bought 2 so he treated me right. I kinda blanked on the return customers are liked thing but it found me in the end. I managed to get

07 access cab v6 trd off road with 6speed manual
options
skid plate
window and hood visors
front and rear all season matts
alarm system
towing accessories package
tool box
BFG 285/75r16's in place the rugged terrains

They are also going to install my lift and exhaust for free as soon as i get them

For 40,000 out the door... I feel i did pretty good considering there is a good 1600 in extras and $500 in labour and the truck is suppose to be 43 range. Saved a good 5000g

Edit: no pics wait for the lift then it will be seen in toyota 05 - 06 folder because with no lift and that big of tires it looks funny and drives it too.

That sounds like a good deal. who sent you to your local toyota? Fleet services is a dept at some of the toyota dealerships. Doesn't matter, you have seemed to do well on your own. Congrats on the new truck!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
BlackBetty said:
Canuckistan is a whole different place. I've heard they're fond of the U.S. dollar, and possibly have a currency of their own. Therefore, I'd suggest you pay in Canuckian dollars.

Or, if they are still in the bartering ages, you could try offering your sister and first born daughter?
haha funny guy im gona go live in my igloo and dream about having hydro... Sad to see insults coming from the southern usa. Watch I can be funny too african amercians cant vote where you live can they?

Thanks i feel i did pretty good on the truck. It drives very nice compared to my 01 double cab. It doesent feel as solid and strong as my 01 did but feels fairly rugged. Sure hoping that toyota didnt make a muffin and in 6 years i will be swearing at the top my lungs that i bought the 05 up body style. :rolleyes: doubtfull

·
Registered
192 Posts
How's that an insult? What you've said about the south is mostly (sadly) true.

I was thinking last night that we should implement a form of poll test across the board. People couldn't vote until they could pass a very simple test (I.e., what requirements does the constitution have for a person to be eligible for becoming president?)

But then, we'd have a rule of the few (people with intelligence) over the many.

And I never said you had an igloo...that's Alaska.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Couldnt tell you what it takes to be president because the movie Man of the Year didnt teach me enough about your country.
WE dont have a president incase you didnt know and they teach us nothing about the USA in school not too sure why. But we dont even go over your presidents or anything...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts