TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is where this goes but here goes anyway. I was using google to find a place to buy an adventure pass when I came across a thread talking about not needing an adventure pass anymore? Has anyone heard this? Any info would be helpful thanks. Supposedly something to do with this (the name of the case is Adams vs, U. S. Forest Service, 9th Circuit. No. 10-16711.)

·
Administrator
18,246 Posts
Nothing has changed yet. The Forest Service has submitted proposals on how the Adventure Pass program would change. It wouldn't be eliminated, but fees wouldn't be required in many areas where they are collected now. The lawsuit is also working its way through the courts.

So for now, the Adventure Pass requirements still apply. In high use areas, expect enforcement of the passes. In remote and low use areas, many rangers overlook or don't regularly enforce pass usage.

In the areas around Big Bear, the Adventure Pass usage is HIGHLY enforced. Expect to be cited if you leave your vehicle unattended in an area requiring the pass.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both of you. I found out they sell them down the street from my house at big5. Picking it up tomorrow. As far as the lawsuit won't that hurt those of us interested in the trails? I mean that's less income for them and really!! 30 bucks a year isn't that much to ask?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts