TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have been reading the truck trader religiously, studying up on craigslist at least 3 times a day, checking KBB classifieds, and any other online classified I can get my hands on now for about 3 or so weeks.

I'm really getting sick of my car and want to get a truck but like today, the newest truck trader came out and it seems like with the new year everyone decided to up what they are asking for there trucks. Nothing much under 4k for a single cab 4x4 with +-200k on it?! I called on a few and they are already sold...its 2 pm the day the trader came out..... am i missing something? I'm so frustrated, any suggestions or leads?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, done done done.

i'm probably gonna have to settle for single cab now rather than extended if the prices are gonna be like this. booooo.

·
Registered
879 Posts
thats why i bought mine 3 years ago when i was back east visiting family. '95.5 extra cab 4x4 109k for the low low price of 4,900 :D. just be patient, it might not be easy, but good deals come to those who wait.

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
For 4k you will have a tough time finding a 4x4 Tacoma. You might want to try an auto broker and see what they can find. There used to be a good one on Scottsdale Rd just NORTH of the 202 (RURAL RD & SCOTTSDALE RD exit) on the right hand side. There are also several auction houses open to the public here in town with some real good bargans. Good luck on the hunt.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
azhondagrl said:
i'm looking for a late 80's or early 90's pickup. Doesn't have to be a tacoma...i'd hope 4k would get me that?
Go check Pirate for sure, you could prolly nab a built one with most of the goodies for about 4-6 k if you are patient. Even if you don't get one by the time Az. rocks rolls around, come out there anyway, a car can make it to the campsite and you can ride with people etc and only make your longing for a truck worse. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that'd be perfect....i've had a few opportunities come up for runners, but i need a truck so I can take a quad around and i'm really not into having to hassle with a trailer.

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
what are you looking for?
I may sell my 1998 std cab taco
I am moving to PHZ soon and may bring it out
it has 150K miles and is an automatic transmission
email me

·
Registered
322 Posts
98 Taco said:
what are you looking for?
I may sell my 1998 std cab taco
I am moving to PHZ soon and may bring it out
it has 150K miles and is an automatic transmission
email me
She's hoping to get an extended cab...

·
Registered
307 Posts
I looked forever for an extended cab, and had no luck finding one. So instead i just bought a reg cab and i love it! I never have to be the DD becuase i cant fit anyone in my truck, and it is always clean inside becuase there is no back seat to throw trash/clothes/other misc stuff/ all over.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts