TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have recently found a 2004 Tacoma Ext Cab V-6 Auto, 4x4, TRD, w/ towing package. Just over 8,000 miles on it. Still under factory warranty. Edmunds list retail as $23,513/KBB $24,590 Right now I can get the truck for around $21,900. Anywayz, just wanted everyones .02 cents about it. I would appreciate any suggestions on the price, what type of wear and tear to look for etc. As far as other models I'm kinda stuck on these options. I plan to run a CarFax report before I even go to the stealership. I'm planning on trading in my 02 Reg Cab 4x2 Auto Pre-Runner 2.7. It has 60,000 miles on it. They said sight unseen we were talking in the $7,000-8000 range. I would like $9000 ~ I owe $10,000 on it... Wishful thinking probably. Truck is in good condition. Thanks in advance all..... Eddie
[email protected]

·
Registered
301 Posts
I would get a stick. I've drove my buddy's slushbox truck (basically identical to mine, just with an auto) before I bought mine. It robs A LOT of power from the engine. That price sounds pretty good to me though. Youd should be able to get a bit more for your truck though, I would think. Remember, if you have the choice, reduce the price of the new truck vs being a stickler on your trade price. You will pay less sales tax and reg fees that way.

·
Registered
347 Posts
wait till spring and sell yours outright, dealers always ass rape you on a trade. Although depending what state you live in, you may get a tax credit for your trade. For example I traded in my last car and got 15K trade for it, so I only had to pay taxes on the other 6.5K for my 03 tacoma. That helps a little bit but your always better to sell outright.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice...... No telling what will happen. I dont really have the green for it right now, I just dont want to pass a really good deal up. Hate to say it, but the 04 and prior models are the best looking Tacos around. The 05's are ok. The extra power and space would be nice..........

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd shop carefully. There are some very good deals on the new trucks out there right now. Selling your old one yourself is the best way to go if it's in good shape.

Don

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
where are you located?
try to get it for $20K, and try to get 10K for yours
seems fair
Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts