TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the bridge over 'Rough Crossing' at the Tellico River on Trail 5 is progressing quickly. I wonder how long before they build one at Fain's Ford on Trail 4? AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!! The new bridge would certainly make a Fain's Ford Bridge project easier. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
i wouldn't have a problem w/ a bridge also if it in the best interest to keep the park open for another day. w/ a major investment such as these bridges i doubt they would consider closing the park.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
crawlrunner said:
Well the bridge over 'Rough Crossing' at the Tellico River on Trail 5 is progressing quickly. I wonder how long before they build one at Fain's Ford on Trail 4? AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!! The new bridge would certainly make a Fain's Ford Bridge project easier. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!
A lack of a bridge on 5 never kept the rock truck out.

And 4 is going to get a bridge, eventually. Not sure of exact date. But its on the calendar.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bet it kept the concrete trucks out. I'll bet that bridge at Fain's Ford will be built pretty quickly too.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Nooooooo fiegns ford is awesoem!!!!!

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I actually ran into Crawl Runner here this past monday. Rest easy in knowing NO progress has been made on the bridge... I assume that will all change as the weather turns warm...

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's correct.

I also learned that the Fain's Ford Bridge design is almost complete. The work is planned for bidding & construction in '07!

Greg, try and post up a pic so these guys know atleast somebody is still wheelin'!

Should we change our name to GATTA?

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
crawlrunner said:
That's correct.

I also learned that the Fain's Ford Bridge design is almost complete. The work is planned for bidding & construction in '07!

Greg, try and post up a pic so these guys know atleast somebody is still wheelin'!

Should we change our name to GATTA?
Man, you know we have always only had about 5-7 that actually wheel, in our chapter. And, about 5 of us are working on our trucks, right now.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alan11116 said:
Man, you know we have always only had about 5-7 that actually wheel, in our chapter. And, about 5 of us are working on our trucks, right now.
I know, I know. I'm waiting for more responses. :p

Dang what about Fain's Ford? I thought you'd whine a bit atleast. One of my best photos is of you comin' out the hard way!!!!!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
we need to get up there again(well i do anyway) before the bridges are done!
-daniel

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
crawlrunner said:

lol i havent wheeled since tellico, my junk is still 2wd and will be untill febuary :( . the only recent offroad adventure i had was thinking my 4wd was working and then figuring out that it wasnt when i was stuck in a creek.

...oh yeah i did jump a curb at school today...does that count?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Alan11116 said:
I don't so much 'wheel' but I am always up for anything my truck CAN do, and for riding with anyone whose truck can do what mine CAN'T. Just let me know when and where.

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
crawlrunner said:
I know, I know. I'm waiting for more responses. :p

Dang what about Fain's Ford? I thought you'd whine a bit atleast. One of my best photos is of you comin' out the hard way!!!!!
Yeah, it sucks about Fain's, but wha can ya do? I'd rather the trails stay open and not have the creek, anymore. What picture are you talking about of me?

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
04 Rocko Taco said:
I don't so much 'wheel' but I am always up for anything my truck CAN do, and for riding with anyone whose truck can do what mine CAN'T. Just let me know when and where.
Yeah, that makes sense, too. I'm afraid even with a locked 2WD, the trails would be pretty limited without alot of effort from your right foot. We seem to be running out of spare seats, lately, though with people who don't want to wheel their trucks, just wanna ride with someone. Just get a 4wd!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
15 Participants
tweeder3410
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing