TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I know my 98 has no cabin air filter.

But I want one.

Would it be possible to grab a blower assebly out of an 05+ and transplant it into my '98? Assuming that the cabin air filter box is part of that assembly.

Or, has anyone managed to custom stuff a cabin air filter somewhere in the system?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,420 Posts
Why not cut a slot on one side of the A/C evaporator and install a filter there? Might be a hell of a lot easier. Tough part would be selecting the right filter.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
'05 they added the box, but the filter itself was extra you had to add yourself. in '06 they actually loaded the filter into the box standard.

·
Registered
779 Posts
that makes a lot of sense..thanks. yet, somehow doesn't make sense ..anyone understand? anways thanks for the infoall i knew was the box didn't know there was a difference in years for filters..

-Alex

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The box was non-existant until '05.

The filter is the same for '05, '06, '07.

It just wasn't INSTALLED standard until at least '06. But some info says it was never installed standard.

·
Registered
779 Posts
wasn't this already said? Where'd you hear about it not being installed standard??

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
A-GUEST said:
wasn't this already said? Where'd you hear about it not being installed standard??
from the dealer......Box is there, filter is not. Not till 06 or 07. My wife has an 05, and the filter wasn't there, but now it is.....after we bought one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts