TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a link or know where i can find the dimensions for a 1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 ext cab frame? I want to try to use Solid-Works to model a frame and test out SAS ideas :D . I don't feel like crawling under my truck and taking inaccurate measurements.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just got solid works... as soon as I get good enough to figure it out I will model it for you.

basically just measure and "extrude" what you need, beyond that I have no clue about the program....... yet!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sjvicker said:
I just got solid works... as soon as I get good enough to figure it out I will model it for you.

basically just measure and "extrude" what you need, beyond that I have no clue about the program....... yet!
Yeah Solid-Works is awesome! I'm getting pretty good at it so I’m going to see what geometries works the best for a SAS. I’m in my schools lab chilling now and didn't want to go to the parking lot to measure stuff...haha. But if you model a frame can you send it, and I’ll do the same if I finish mine.

Kevin

·
Registered
652 Posts
I had a few, on solid works 03 too... I never used them though, just used the ideas. I guess that's what you're trying to do anyways. You need to get under there and take LOTS of innactuate measurments of where everything is so you dont solid model something that looks cool but doesn't fit under your truck.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I go to UA but I didn't learn solid works there. I just do it for fun and my friend has a 5 axis Matsuura. Solid works is cool but Pro-E and a few others are way more impressive...

·
Registered
469 Posts
sr5trd99 said:
Does anyone have a link or know where i can find the dimensions for a 1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 ext cab frame? I want to try to use Solid-Works to model a frame and test out SAS ideas :D . I don't feel like crawling under my truck and taking inaccurate measurements.

Thanks,
Kevin
Here's a link to the pdf I have of the XtraCab dimensions that I downloaded off Toyota's tech site.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Jamier2,
Under which section did you find that? I thought that I had everything I could get my hands on for my 99 Taco when I was on there! Good find.
Cheers,
P

·
Registered
469 Posts
P1michaud said:
Jamier2,
Under which section did you find that? I thought that I had everything I could get my hands on for my 99 Taco when I was on there! Good find.
Cheers,
P
I have no idea. I signed up for the 1 day access and I downloaded (on a cable connection) for about 9 hours straight! (Had do get my money's worth).

I got everything I could find for the Tacoma and my Lexus. I also downloaded most of the tech training stuff, but haven't looked at it yet.

·
Registered
612 Posts
So you guys use Solidworks? Cool. I've been using it for about 4 years now, I run 2005. What support forums do y'all frequent?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jamier2 said:
Here's a link to the pdf I have of the XtraCab dimensions that I downloaded off Toyota's tech site.
Oh awesome thanks, that was what i was looking for. Damn that's a lot of stuff to do though. Well better get to work.

Kevin

·
Registered
469 Posts
I've also got the diagram/measurements for the regular cab, and some other dimensional measurements of the cab and such if anyone ever needs them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I Know this is an old post.... but does anyone have the regular cab frame drawings for a 2wd? link don't work anymore!

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Good find, I just got Solidworks 2004 and I've been trying to play around with it...but it's kinda hard to get dimensions when I'm in Iraq and the truck is in Cali

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'll check what I have later and let you guys know. I do have some, but I'm not sure which ones.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Jamier2 said:
I'll check what I have later and let you guys know. I do have some, but I'm not sure which ones.
Please post up what ever you have. I just started working with SW 2005. I would love to plan out some of my cage work on it.

SW is defiantly a powerful program.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
+1 for SW being the next best drawing program. I haven't done anything too impressive with it yet but I'm in a modeling class now so it's only a matter of time. I'll probably model out my F/R bumpers before building them.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Solidworks is definately fun to play with. I don't have a manual or anything for it yet but I've got a how-to book on the way. I've already modelled up a skid that ties into a bumper and tcase skid and I'm eventually going to tie everything together into an engine cage, cab cage, and bed cage. Just hard without knowing any dimensions, I'm basically just doing it to try to learn how to use it and get the basics down.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts