TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you happen to know anyone or have strong experience in Microstation SE, V8 and ACAD - Please PM me. My Department is looking for a CAD Manager BADLY!

Great bennies, great pay - unbelieveable company!!

We are a Civil Engineering Firm, 49 years in the industry and still running strong. Name of the company: Coe & Van Loo, Consultants Inc. (www.cvlci.com)

Please pass it along if you can!

Thanks!

John

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have experience with Microstation, but in electrical engineering not civil.
Where is your office located?

-Josh.
We are in Central Phoenix. Basically 12th ST between Highland and Campbell. We are just south of the Hi-Liter if that's helps for reference!! :boobies:

It's not important if your Electrical or Civil, we are looking for someone who can assist with SE to V8 and has an understanding of adding / changing features of Microstation. Would this describe your knowledge? My boss is one of the BEST guys I have ever had the priviledge to work for. This company is top notch and has been rated in the Top 20 companies in Phoenix as 'Best Places to Work'.

John

·
Registered
439 Posts
How long have you worked there?

I'm an draftsmen for architectural firm and have worked CVL on a couple projects.

One was called A.R.C.H. (Arizona Recreational Center for Handicapped) and the other was "The Villages @ Country Club.

You work on any of these proj.?

I know we had a helluva time trying to get the civil approved for The Villages.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I am the Network Administrator for CVL. I have been here about 2 years, and no plans of leaving willingly. They will have to carry me out in a pine box first!! This is the best company I have ever worked for! They have done some very impressive projects in the past. Many of which people wouldn't realize.

Which firm are you with?

John

·
Registered
439 Posts
Actually I am the Network Administrator for CVL. I have been here about 2 years, and no plans of leaving willingly. They will have to carry me out in a pine box first!! This is the best company I have ever worked for! They have done some very impressive projects in the past. Many of which people wouldn't realize.

Which firm are you with?

John
On the ARCH project I was working for John Smales & Ass. & A firmed called Design Professionals on the Country Club proj.

Now I work for Outhouse. We do the constructions docs. for most of the major home builders in the state. Were basically just a drafting firm, we get the conceptual drawings from architects and do the work required to get building permits.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well hope all is good for you!! Let me know if your ever in the market for a change. Always looking for good drafters!! Plus, there is a 'referral bonus' I would split 50/50 with you!

John

·
Registered
439 Posts
I really like where I'm at now. I think I'm gonna stick with the architecture side though.
We are the one of a few companies in the country that do drafting, 3d modeling, and the graphic/printing for the home builders to market their product all under one roof.
http://outhouse.net/flash.html if your curious.

·
Registered
444 Posts
It's not important if your Electrical or Civil, we are looking for someone who can assist with SE to V8 and has an understanding of adding / changing features of Microstation. Would this describe your knowledge? My boss is one of the BEST guys I have ever had the priviledge to work for. This company is top notch and has been rated in the Top 20 companies in Phoenix as 'Best Places to Work'.

John
My knowledge of SE & v8 is pretty good, but not sure if it's enough to be the lead guy or manager. I will think about it and keep you in mind if I decide to make a change of employment. The place I work for is awesome, so it would be hard to leave. But I am looking for a place that is closer to home, so the commute isn't as bad.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My knowledge of SE & v8 is pretty good, but not sure if it's enough to be the lead guy or manager. I will think about it and keep you in mind if I decide to make a change of employment. The place I work for is awesome, so it would be hard to leave. But I am looking for a place that is closer to home, so the commute isn't as bad.
Ok, well it's not a lead guy as much as it is working on specific programming for SE / V8. You wouldn't be heading up a team or having to manage a group. More so working specifically with one guy to figure out bugs, better the program and to help the company maintain standards (consistancy) between all the other drafters in the different departments.

I am happy the current company is working out so well! I am not trying to be a 'head hunter' or persuede you into doing this. I just hope if you consider a move, you'll keep us in mind in the future!

Thanks for the consideration and if you know anyone, please pass them my way!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just like I told Josh - it's nice to hear I am not the only one who is extremely happy where I work! I remember back a while ago (being in the IT field) that everyone was always looking for that 'Holy Grail' and wanting to be in a good company.

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts