TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is some stuff I've been working on. The cage is a 'work in progress'.
To practice for the cage I built two sets of sliders & a bumper. The cage still isn't perfect though ... passenger wiper no longer works ... and it's not perfectly symetrical ... its gona be sturdy though when I'm done! The bumper GREATLY increased my app/dep angle and is half the weight of the old one ... but I lost a back seat to a big ol' 36" spare. Are we sure we need spares???????? :saw: :welder:

http://crawlrunner.blogspot.com

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Ed look good but why so far off the body and the A piller so far back?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ed look good but why so far off the body and the A piller so far back?
Makes it easy to take the top on & off. And makes it easy for me to BOOGER weld!

What's the A piller? If its the rear hoop, it's because the diagonal bar had to shoot thru the window ... & my seat has to go way back ... and recline.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
U D Man !!!
I like the new Corporation Motto!!
Can you still take the top off?
Thanks and ...

Ohhhh yeah the top still comes off:D

Ultimately there will be two removable roof bars connecting the factory bar too ... when the top is off only ... after more:saw: :welder: and :eek:

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh that A Piller ... the front hoop (had to look it up) More forward really obstructed the side view (I'd end up runnin over Colin takin photos & never see him!) ... thus the cross bar was a B%#@*

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
:kewl: looks good ed. was wonderin when we would be seein pics of the sliders you started makin the weekend of the clean up.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Looks good man, you make me miss mine so much.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Lookin Good, Ed, I'll drop mine off soon, you can put a cage, and a 4WD conversion, and might as well toss in a SAS in your freetime. :)

·
Registered
1,816 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
ed what the hell have you been doing this whole time? its taken you like a month and a half to make 4 sliders and half of an exo?:D lol jk but looks good!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right on, Eddy! Can't wait to see it at River Rock???
Not sure ... kinda sounds like a cluster and I don't do those very well. Lynne is finally getting frustrated being left behind on runs. She thinks she wants to ride along on her ATV some so I left my camper at Crawford's and plan to wheel a lot at Tellico for a while. Runner #2 is almost ready for the easy trails too ... should be interesting.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got the rear bars & the roof diagonal on. I'm tired of fabbing for a while! Besides HighSteer & 30 SPL Longs will be arriving this week so that will keep me busy in addition to working enough to pay for this stuff!

This is a sickness!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
itsa niiiiice!
-daniel

1 - 20 of 24 Posts