TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any reason why this wouldn't work, or it would be detrimental to my motor?

Clamp the elbow pipe to the airbox with some waterproof material over the seam. Then affix a replacement cai filter (oil free) to the end of the elbow pipe and put a dry bag over the filter and plug the hole in the wheel well. I go mudding in some nasty deep shit and I think this will be a better location than the stock one.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would extending the pipe closer to the grill dramatically change the temperature of the air that is introduced? It's pretty much only a foot of difference.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I did it with some pvc pipe and a spare filter we had layin around. just be sure to vent the crankcase and use some black spray paint or something. I dont think it really increased power but its louder then my exhaust and cost me about 20 bucks. I threw a code once for running lean but its been about six months now and i have had no issues.

·
Registered
191 Posts
go to vato zone pull your engine cover off buy a foot long intake pipe for 19.99 and get a filter. good to go.

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Is there any reason why this wouldn't work, or it would be detrimental to my motor?

quote]

That will work....just like any other intake mod.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
You should probably include the MAF back in your design. I don't think the motor would work to well without one. I would remove the little plastic elbow that goes into the fender and then toward the rear. Put the stock air box back in without the elbow. Might give you 1.5 rwhp but its free and won't throw codes. Toyota did a good job with the stock design aside from the elbow, I would stick with that.

·
Registered
296 Posts
i wouldn't even bother with it. please don't call it a cold air intake either. a true "cold air intake" takes air from somewhere where it is actually cold(fender, lower front bumper, etc.). what you are wanting to hillbilly-fab is a warm air intake. so get on ebay and buy one of those cheap-o kits and don't expect to see any real gains other than the new cool noise it makes. :2cents:

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; cold air intake; etc............

The air in SoCal is usually warm too... :flipoff4:

·
Registered
25 Posts
look up "Deck plate mod for 08" in this section
(Cheap tricks)

·
Registered
191 Posts
in order to get rthe full intake set up you have to take off the top cover, and pull the whole box off at the maf opening.

·
Registered
91 Posts
just remove the silencer in the fender well. That should allow more air to be drawn in. and its still cold from the fender well area

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't really care if the intake draws colder air than stock. I just want to find a way to keep my intake from sucking in mud and water through a straw

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ahh fuck it, I'm just gonna look for a used cheap k&n and ditch the filter for a dry one and throw a drysock thing on there

1 - 18 of 18 Posts