TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 379 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TLCA L.A. County is in the early and initial planning stages for a trip to Calico. Our goal is to assist and work in cooperation with BLM to do a clean up through Mule, Doran, and Odessa Canyon while enjoying some fun and challenging wheeling. There will be a variety of trails to tackle for stock rigs and for those modified rigs looking for some weekend enjoyment, while volunteering to clean up one of our favorite areas trashed by the undesirables.

Calico is a historic and incredible mining area that has a ton of scenic areas to explore. If you have never been to Calico, it's a must to experience the old time western era.

We would seriously like to make this a joint effort for success with all Land Cruiser chapters or clubs such as So Cal, Gold Coast, Tierra Del Sol, So Cal 80's, FJ Cruisers, TTORA, and those individuals not affiliated with a club. There are a few Jeeper clubs that have also offered to help contribute to this cause and enjoyment from our trip a couple of weeks ago.

BLM's budget is stretched super thin and they could really use some help in this area. To off set some costs, Burrtech Waste Industries has offered to provide (2) roll off containers for the trash and debris that we gather. Maybe a raffle???

Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That would be fantastic if we could get together for this joint effort. The area is awesome to wheel and explore. The majority of the trash is in Mule Canyon. I'd welcome any and all ideas or suggestions to make this a success.

Thanks, TTORA!

:)

·
Browns Fan on Dirt!
2,996 Posts
tufftorq said:
That would be fantastic if we could get together for this joint effort. The area is awesome to wheel and explore. The majority of the trash is in Mule Canyon. I'd welcome any and all ideas or suggestions to make this a success.

Calico is a wonderful area the definitely needs some attention.

My suggestion are to have a very well planned event, with information available about it available far in advance. Most important would be the schedule of events, locations (you’ll not want all rigs in Mule Canyon, you’ll want to stage them and then direct traffic) directions and the expectation you have for attendees. I’d recommend that you have attendees bring work clothes, gloves and any safety equipment needed at a minimum. You should get all of that onto a colorful flier or web page (or both) the presents the event in detail and in the most positive light possible. Encourage sponsors! Ensure that you’ve a plan for various levels or participation and for wavers for under 18 attendees. Ensure 100& buy in from the BLM and other groups involved.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
tufftorq said:
TLCA L.A. County is in the early and initial planning stages for a trip to Calico. Our goal is to assist and work in cooperation with BLM to do a clean up through Mule, Doran, and Odessa Canyon while enjoying some fun and challenging wheeling. There will be a variety of trails to tackle for stock rigs and for those modified rigs looking for some weekend enjoyment, while volunteering to clean up one of our favorite areas trashed by the undesirables.

Calico is a historic and incredible mining area that has a ton of scenic areas to explore. If you have never been to Calico, it's a must to experience the old time western era.

We would seriously like to make this a joint effort for success with all Land Cruiser chapters or clubs such as So Cal, Gold Coast, Tierra Del Sol, So Cal 80's, FJ Cruisers, TTORA, and those individuals not affiliated with a club. There are a few Jeeper clubs that have also offered to help contribute to this cause and enjoyment from our trip a couple of weeks ago.

BLM's budget is stretched super thin and they could really use some help in this area. To off set some costs, Burrtech Waste Industries has offered to provide (2) roll off containers for the trash and debris that we gather. Maybe a raffle???

Mark
You have your first sponsor if you do decide to hold a raffle.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Its on my calender, I will be there along with Mr. Prez. Darrin Walker and Twiggie. No one buy tickets for the raffle if there is one so I could win some Demello Swag.

U have to be there Dennis.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweeeeet and it's great to see the participation! Anyone interested in running and coordinating the raffle?

I'm meeting with BLM and the Barstow Sheriff's SAR team on Tuesday to identify the problem areas and generate a quality plan.

Thanks again!

cb77DEMELLO said:
You have your first sponsor if you do decide to hold a raffle.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Tweeter said:
Can my truck run those trails? I'm locked in the rear but I don't have protection ;)
not the harder ones

·
Browns Fan on Dirt!
2,996 Posts
Tweeter said:
Can my truck run those trails? I'm locked in the rear but I don't have protection ;)
Duran and Odessa, no.

Mule, prolly . . . saw a pre-runner on Mule before, a good driver proll'y OK . . .

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
DennisDawg said:
Duran and Odessa, no.

Mule, prolly . . . saw a pre-runner on Mule before, a good driver proll'y OK . . .
So Tweeter is out then :)...... Dave, you can drive with me if we clean the man trails too :flipoff3:

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
rubberpants said:
So Tweeter is out then :)...... Dave, you can drive with me if we clean the man trails too :flipoff3:
I could probably do Mule! He said a good driver could do it...wait...crap! :eek: :lmao:

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
I am glad so many of us are going to this event. I love to wheel there, and I am happy to pick others crap up so we can keep going there :D I hope more of you choose to help us as well!!!

·
Browns Fan on Dirt!
2,996 Posts
Tweeter said:
I could probably do Mule! He said a good driver could do it...wait...crap! :eek: :lmao:
The Pre-Runner on Mule was a former So. Cal. staffer. Good guy also and a good wheeler . . . what was his name . . damn it . . . he was fun to have around but the name . . . you know how dumb I am . . . damn. Anyway, yeah . . . plus there is a lake bed back east of there, Coyote Lake and spring between Calico and Avord Peaks . . . you can go fast there . . Mike Wood did a nice crashing Cessna demonstration there a few years back . . funny stuff.

1 - 20 of 379 Posts
About this Discussion
378 Replies
40 Participants
KungFooo
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing