TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We didn't find the main group until late morning......by that time....we were on our way to the gatekeeper.......maybe we should have stuck with the main group:D:D:D:D

there was a lot of traffic on the trail........

the nice yellow bronco (or scout) tapped the wall earlier......

I had plenty of help.....getting through the gatekeeper....That's Tim (lv2bja) spotting me....

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
things got a little tippy so i ended up using the winch.....

thanks Marlon for the pics...and my bros.....oldschooltoy, alvin, tim, tom (monkeyproof) denny, and marlon , and everyone else for getting me through.....i was "uncomfortable" laying on my side....

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tim's turn.........when tim is driving.......he's obviously not available to spot.....
sorry......i suck at spotting......:D:D

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
woohoo....we made it....

i followed a guy running 42"s.......I'm on 37"s and tim's on 35"s....

there was a heep that made it look easy.....followed by two other heeps....
they both broke front axles and had to reverse down......:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
wonderful weekend!

Thank you Rick and Tyler for putting on another great socal TTORA outing. ill be away from wheeling for 3 months and that was the perfect last dose to hold me over until i get back.

nothing like a $30K+ rig bashing in the rocks with us

another day on the job for steve-o

this happy little fellow came along for the ride

lexus goes where? a beautiful LX450 rescued from a life of soccer practice and shopping in L.A

Derricks f-250 crew cab proves that good driving can bring a stretch tacoma up Duran with 30"s

Rick gliding up Duran without effort

Steve stop what you doing so i can take a picture lol

photo opt

trail boss Tyler counting his sheep at the end of Duran.

Arts fire road. its the old route between Bismark and Wallstreet...get it while you can cause its getting eroded fast.

my 4runner met up with its great great great uncles

wallstreet canyon overlook on a perfect day

Coyote dry lake overlook....dont miss this side trip!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice pics, you guys do more wheelin' in a month than I do all year:xpfft:

Looks like you got some new shoes huh oldschooltoy?

Dave

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice pics, you guys do more wheelin' in a month than I do all year:xpfft:

Looks like you got some new shoes huh oldschooltoy?

Dave

Yeah I finally broke down and bought some new tires......37/12.5r/15.
I didn't do gate keeper.......After I saw Kenny had a hard time. I decided to pass............lol

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Calico 2010 didn't let us down. Weather was perfect. Damage was kept to a minimum, ShowStop broke a couple leafs in the pass leaf pack, Derrick took a hit on the pass side rear quarter panel putting a little dent, a steering link/pitman arm issues kept RaiderNation out and he trailered his truggy home Sat morning, sliders and skids were put to use. All in all, a fun day wheeling.

Here are a few pics, I ran tailgunner all day and so have only a few pics to show...

Thanks to ShowStop for leading the run - and for the SoBe bomb display Saturday night...

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
Good stuff, was an awesome run. Had a great time meeting some new faces and seeing some old friends, and then dragging our way through Doran.

Like Rick said, carnage was kept to a minimum in our group on saturday. Got to run Odessa on friday and Doran on sunday, good stuff :)

Saturday Odessa

Tyler on the waterfall

Troy flexed

Letting the 315's clearance themselves

Right line

Jason 2 wheelin, He'd a had it if he had a front locker :neener:

I am sooo jealous.

Troy

That's all I got. Me and Troy were going to run Odessa sunday morning with Jim but on the way there my stomach got shaken up too much so I bailed.

·
Registered
878 Posts
So what’s up with the Figure thingy (one of the wise men) in the back of Scuba's rig????? Did i miss what the joke is? I saw a few other rigs on the AZ Rocks run that has the Slow sign dude in the back??? just a little lost...:confused:

PS: looks like another sweet run i missed out on:rolleyes:.... I guess that happens when you embark on projects the week before a trip....:rolleyes:

Well I at least I know that everything will be done in time for next month's run...:D

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
So what’s up with the Figure thingy (one of the wise men) in the back of Scuba's rig????? Did i miss what the joke is? I saw a few other rigs on the AZ Rocks run that has the Slow sign dude in the back??? just a little lost...:confused:
Ahh yes, #2 Wise man. :lmao:

I found him in the canyon behind our camp and decided to let him hitchhike. Coincidentally with the wise man directing me throughout the day, I had no body damage or breakage. Thus, he will be my new mascot. I saved him really, I don't think he enjoyed all the buckshot that's embedded into him. You can meet him next time I see you on the trail, rub his head and have good luck :D

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,586 Posts
The wise man was a discarded christmas decoration somebody left near our campsite. In fact all 3 wise men were there, but Scuba just grabbed the one to take on a trail tour.

:banghead: Jinx :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
wheres all the pics? the cruisers damn near had a photo shoot going on. Taylor should have some good ones of his truck on friday. me and Jim didnt take any on sunday. i was a shade wore out so it ended up a Odessa time attack run

edit found Jasons pics :p

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Been crazy busy since we got back. Gonna get mine up asap. Great run for us on Friday!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts