1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
967 Posts
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNG!!!!!! ....That was a great trip!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!!!!! You're welcome by the way. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
472 Posts
Looks like the pics from the "easy" trail are in! ;)

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here are some pictures I took from my phone. Thanks to Sparky and Tyler for leading the runs!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Calico 2014

The 2014 Calico run turned out to be a fantastic time. Thanks to Sparky and Showstop for leading the trail runs on Saturday.
The Calico area is a great place to explore and we were not disappointed on this run. Daisy and I took a lot of pictures that I am still working on but here are a few for starters.

The 2 main trails that were run on Saturday was Odessa and Duran. This is the beginning of Odessa.

Rock Movers :confused:

Dawson running the obstacle course. fun section for the 2nd gen Tacoma's

Flyte74 continuing down the obstacle course.

BASEjumper running the rocks.

It doesn't get any better than this.

Wide truck, Narrow trail, Large rock = BAAAAAANG and so much for the KM2

Just had to show this one.

More pictures to follow.
Mike V.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,482 Posts
All my pics are here-
http://www.showstop.org/gallery/calico-apr14

We started the drivers meeting about 9:30am. We had a total of 10 trucks that split into 2 groups. One group went up Odessa, the other Doran.

The first major obstacle on Doran is the slot canyon with the asphalt ledge on the right side. It had been majorly stacked and filled with rocks making it a very easy obstacle.

Frank going through

Garry in the land yacht

Frank climbing up one of the various ledges.

Then we hit the waterfall obstacle near the top of the trail.

Me going up-

Frank was next-

Garry was up next-

Leon pulled up the rear-

After lunch, as a group we decided to head over to Wall Street Overlook. The original trail was washed out years ago, and now it offers a rather difficult section to navigate.

Sparky coming through the upper section-

Garry coming through-

Dawson was up next-

(His right wheel is about 12" off the ground)

Leon through the upper section-

Frank coming down-

TacoEng was next-

Bob rounded out the field-

Then came the ledge below that obstacle.

Which eventually got us the short (long) way to Wall Street Canyon overlook.

Later in the day we set-up a target range and made things go "Pew Pew Pew". ;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Calico was a good time for sure. It was great meeting those I hadn't met before. I ran Doran with Tyler, Gary, and Frank. We made it through pretty quick because some of the obstacles were filled in, combined with the fact we only had four vehicles. Still a good run though.

Saturday night was tons of fun: Showstop breaking out his sputnik contraption and making "40 bombs", Dawson + moonshine = hilarity, Frank with his highfalutin martini and cigar, and Rochelle's (sp) awsesome 'smores!

A few quotes from the trip:
"It's never good to see your spotter cringe." ~ vistataco
"This is not a u-turn." ~ sparky
"Yeah, I kind of misjudged that rock." ~tacoeng
"Let me get my flashlight out my cooler." ~dawson
"DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!!" ~ Everyone

Good times. Hope to see some of you at the next run.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Calico was a good time for sure. It was great meeting those I hadn't met before. I ran Doran with Tyler, Gary, and Frank. We made it through pretty quick because some of the obstacles were filled in, combined with the fact we only had four vehicles. Still a good run though.

Saturday night was tons of fun: Showstop breaking out his sputnik contraption and making "40 bombs", Dawson + moonshine = hilarity, Frank with his highfalutin martini and cigar, and Rochelle's (sp) awsesome 'smores!

A few quotes from the trip:
"It's never good to see your spotter cringe." ~ vistataco
"This is not a u-turn." ~ sparky
"Yeah, I kind of misjudged that rock." ~tacoeng
"Let me get my flashlight out my cooler." ~dawson
"DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!!" ~ Everyone

Good times. Hope to see some of you at the next run.
I am hoping that Daaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnng!!!!! makes it out to Cleghorn!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I put in my request for time off. Fingers crossed guys. I really didn't want to leave, but I had that paper to write. Everyone was very inviting and friendly. I also feel like I got the Rock Crawling bug now. Hopefully I can get my rear quarter panel protection done before the trip.

:saw: :welder: Anyone have 4-5ft of 2x2 square stock in my area?

If not Sparky and Tyler are amazing spotters.

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
We have a traitor amongst us! :confused: :eek: I just started reviewing my GoPro video from Calico and have uncovered some shocking audio! I'll be isolating it and it should be available to view by tomorrow. Save yourself the shame and reveal yourself now! ;) The embarrassment! The absolute lowest! Stay tuned!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sharpening my pitchfork as I type. I will either use it on the traitor or use it to defend myself from you all.

If I had to speculate I would choose Dawson. There's no telling what he said while hopped up on that moonshine. If it proves to be Dawson I say we grant a ghetto pass, seeing how much entertainment he provided and all. But I'm new, so my recommendation may be summarily dismissed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 45 Posts