TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

I have been working with the local Longmont VFW on a variety of stuff for WFTW planning for 2010. Jim the manager there has been talking to me about ideas and people I can talk to to make 2010 a better success.

When I asked him today if there was any help he needed, he said that they had a local dinner coming up THIS Saturday night November 7th, Called "Toys For Christmas Kids" Like Toys for Tots, but the VFW version.

At any rate he said they really needed about 4 or 5 servers to help out. It would be from 4:30 - 8:30 or 9.

No we would not be paid. BUT, he has already helped me quite a bit AND has already offered the weekend use of their hall for fundraising or meetings for our group (ColroadoWFTW) Free of Charge.

I myself already said I would help, but then I told him I'd see if I could round up some wheeler friends on short notice.

So if any of you can, This Sat at 4:30 at the Longmont VFW (206 Main st) Which is basically right near 119 and where 285 cross.

Post up here if you are interested and can do it. Not sure if there is any special dress requirements for us (I forgot to ask Jim) But my guess is maybe some black slacks and a black or white shirt.

We also would get a free dinner. LOL Mmmmm VFW food. No seriously though I think it is catered.

Thanks Gang! -Molly

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I suspect Katie & I would be able to help out for a couple hours early in the evening, just a guess, but like 4:30-6:30 or something. We did have some stuff going on that evening, but it's on a floating schedule, so if we'd be handy during the early part, I'll doublecheck with Katie and let you know.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow. Amazing Guys. Ok that is 2 full time (Jeremy and I) and 2 part time (possibly) with Katie and Sean. I need at least 1 prefferably 2 more full time ;)

(Troy and Possibly Sean need to be over at Axle Ike's helping him with his truck otherwise I would sign troy up for sure. LOL)

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Sean, Maybe Katie could give me a lift from Isaac's if you guys are still a working at 4:00 and then she could come back and get you whenever you are done (leaving the VFW when you are ready). I am sure we'll get another volunteer for full time here... (Come on gang)

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bumpity! Jeremy and I are for sure going to be there! Sean if you and Katie can make it great! And if anyone else is still available they can use the help. 4:30 till 8:30 (maybe 9) and I know we get free dinner, and prolly cheap VFW prized booze. LOL

Seriously though it is for a good cause!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts