TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I think Kyle told me your T-case was making some noise. Is it? I have found since I have done my T-case gears that I didnt clearence my case enough. I drained the oil out this weekend and it looked like metalic paint. Ive got the t-case back out and im going to go back into it sometime this week and see where its rubbing.

Now what made me drain it is, I would be going down the road and there would be whine/ rattle comming from the case. I posted up on the trailgear site and Chris posted back to me that his did the same thing when he did his and had to clearnce his case more also.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Mine whines a bit in Low Range, in the higher gears 4th, 5th and at higher speeds ... for low range (while trying to keep up speeedy trail folks). I changed my oil out but had no evidence of metal. I think the bigger gears are also just a bit louder.

The case is soft alum ... hard gears ... it might have already clearanced itself. How about just changing the oil a few times rather than cracking it open again?

Me Lazy ... keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trust me your talking to the laziest one of us. Im going back in just to ease my mind. Im mean it was really making some bad noises. It's no where near as abd now but I want to go a ahead and make sure. Oh btw all mine was in 2 hi.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
OHHHHHH even 2hi ..... I guess U better go back in for a look see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts