TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I need to take the wife and her friend to Country Thunder and I do not want to wait in the long line going down price road.

Is there a way to get from Cottonwood canyon rd to Price road that is fairly easy? IE not running Elvis backwards or any super hard slow trails.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Ok well I need to take the wife and her friend to Country Thunder and I do not want to wait in the long line going down price road.

Is there a way to get from Cottonwood canyon rd to Price road that is fairly easy? IE not running Elvis backwards or any super hard slow trails.
Yep....you can go through SandMan Wash or Box Canyon. Both will end up on Price Rd. Sandman would prolly be a bit quicker, especially for you Phlatbiller (IE-It's sandy and you can haul ass! :D ). When you exited Elvis, you took a sharp right up and over a hill - that's Sandman Wash - if you turned left out of Elvis, that too is Sandman Wash - So, take Cottonwood Canyon toward Box Canyon and then follow the trail you used to exit Elvis (Sandman Wash) - You'll see the exit to Elvis after you come down the hill....stay on the road you're on and follow it all the way to Price rd.

Have fun!!!

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts

What Clover said. But honestly, it would be a WHOLE lot FASTER to just wait in line on Price. I seriously doubt the ladies are going to want to get thrashed around on trails for an hour before they go to Country Thunder. Have fun.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My friend and I are going to camp out there and do some wheeling while they are messing around in the hick fest. I will pick them up when the girls are finished with the show so they don't have to drive under the influence. And we are going to camp out there.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Personally, I think Box Canyon is the fastest way, but that's cause I don't make a day out of running it. 2-Hi and GET SOME!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I doubt you will be able to get from Price (east of Canyon Moon Ranch) into the concert. I would check somehow if you could before heading out.

talking with a friend of mine he said they just dump the road into the ranch but if you talk with the guard and show your state trust permit you can usually get by. and I think we are going to drop into the diversion dam road that is south of price and parallels it more the most part and intersects at the diversion dam.

·
Registered
515 Posts
is this hick fest going to make it imposible to enter price to run elvis and such? how do you cross the wash to get to price? im going out to show a FJ noob around on sat.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No impossible but harder, Bring your state land permit to show your going in there and see if they let you buy. Or you can go past price to the diversion dam road and take that south of hick fest and it meets price at the diversion dam and you can go to elvis from there.

I'm waiting on my friend to come by so I can get the hell out of here. I will post up tommorrow how it goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts