TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick quest for you guys i tried searching and i havent been having any luck so i will ask and be prepared for the worst

i have an 02 and i have donahoe coilover with burg uppers

i went last week and got new tires and i went to go get an alignment and they didnt fix it right so i took it bakc in lats week and it is still pulling to the right but for some they have the camber maxed out a +1.5 they said they cant adjust it and it wasnt like this when i bought the truck from the dealership and i am gonna try and take the truck to another shop but was wondering if anyone had any experience with this or if you can offer me any advice, i know that the shop has to be crazy but if they are right what can i do to fix this problem. thanks in advance

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah i think the hoes are just at the 2 inches of lift they came with i bought the truck with them on there they are definately not maxed out and thanks for the heads up on daves but i made the mistake of buying a lifetime alignment from firestone so i am going to make them do it right just trying to see what it could be

do you know if they make shims or somehting to help with this since they said it was maxed out?

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
When it comes to camber, the only way you can get it within the adjustable range is by lifting or lowering the front end. Ask them what the final specs are. If the camber is negative after maxing out the adjustment range, you will have to crank the hoes a little up (lifting the truck). If the camber is positive after maxing out the adjustment range you will have to crank those hoes down (lowering the truck). The upper control arms are designed to compensate for a truck that is lifted about 2-2.5" or so. That means they should be able to put the camber back into factory specs in and around that range. As you know in time coils will sag and might get you out of that range, but just a little turn of the collar and you’re golden. Think of the lift as a course camber adjustment and the adjustment they play with as a fine camber adjustment.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yah it is maxed out positive but the problem is i have the 8 leaf in the rear and as it is the rear is higher, how much is the amount of thread showing for the 2-2.5 inches of lift? thanks for the help

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
The thread will not tell you much since all trucks are different and the age of the coils will play a big factor on the lift. As well as the weight added and so on. What will tell you the lift is the distance from the center of your hub to the top of the fender. However, you need the original numbers(from factory) from before the lift and at the moment I don’t remember them myself. Remember our trucks came 1-1.5” higher on the back so if you get deaver 8 leaf that raise the truck 2”, and crank the hoes up 2” the back will still be higher by the original 1-1.5”. Ask for the specs and see just how far off they may be. This will have to be your call if wearing the tires out slightly more on the outside is better than riding ass high(higher) or not. That is all you can do for now aside from maybe going with TC upper control arms which I think may compensate for the higher lifts. (You would have to verify as I am not 100% sure)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does anyone happen to have the measurement for me so i can see how much mine is lifted? or if anyone else has any ideas to help me lol

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Not me... I didn't measure before my lift either... but I bought a lifetime alignment from Firestone here and they did a :kewl: job... It's probably just the monkey running the machine. I have the printout they gave me, so when I need to go do it again, I can hand them the paper and tell them this is the specs I want.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
would it be possible to get a copy of that from you, i have had the same one do it twice so i might try and take it to another store

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Here's your problem:

Camber: .9 degrees to -.7 degrees
Caster: 2.8 - 1.3
Toe: -.08 to .12

Find a new shop. Lifting the truck would give you negative camber.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks i plan on going somewhere else but they said that it is maxed out positivly and they cant make it less negative.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts