TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my coilovers and uca's on my truck and cranked my coilovers so that 2 1/4 inches of thread were showing on the top of the coilover. I have no clue exactly how much lift that gave me, since i didn't measure the height before putting them on. The ride seems a bit stiff as it is. so i was just curious if i just have to beat on em a bit to get them to settle, or if i cranked them too high. About how much do you guys with similar setups suggest i crank the coilover down? thanks for any input

·
Registered
401 Posts
i have mine with 2 inches a thread showing, and that gave me about 2 1/4 inches of lift. Youll never know unless you measured your stock setup, and wont know if its too high until you tear your CVs and or bind your axles...

my tundra still rides like a dream, but thats prolly coz the 4.7 is so much more heavy.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was also curious how much my alignment is gonna be affected if i crank the coilovers back down about half an inch. i don't want to be wearing my new tires out because my tow is off a bit.

·
Registered
401 Posts
well...i was in a pinch so i went to my local tire kingdom, my buddy chris works there and they got my alignment back into spec.

pretty much anywhere should be able to do it, if they cant, take it somewhere else

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
big O was able to align it just fine as it is right now. but i was curious, since it rides a bit rough, if i would have to get it re-aligned if i were to crank the coilovers down about half an inch or so.

I'm heading out to sand mountain this weekend, so if they just need to be broken in i will fix that there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts