TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go some camburg coilovers last week, and want to raise the truck a little higher. There is only about an inch of thread showing so I thinking I didnt get much lift at all. Forgot to measure before the install. CV boots look good right now as it is not even close to touching.

Question is how do you adjust them. How to you loosen the sleeve so you can use the spanner wrench. Which direction to turn to lift. Also is there any correlation between the amount of thread that is showing and the amount of lift.
:confused:

·
Registered
53 Posts
kodiak said:
I go some camburg coilovers last week, and want to raise the truck a little higher. There is only about an inch of thread showing so I thinking I didnt get much lift at all. Forgot to measure before the install. CV boots look good right now as it is not even close to touching.

Question is how do you adjust them. How to you loosen the sleeve so you can use the spanner wrench. Which direction to turn to lift. Also is there any correlation between the amount of thread that is showing and the amount of lift.
I do not have the camburgs but on the coils I have, you need to lossen the set screw in the collar first. Then turn right to lift or left to lower, you will need to jack up the front of you truck first though. There is no corelation between the thread showing and the amount of lift. You also will want to put so anti-sezie on the threads to make them easy to adjust. This also help with later adjustments. :xbeer1:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Since the adj. collar is on top, it is a bear to adjust. Some brave souls take them off to set the height and then re-install. I haven't been that brave yet. They get a whole lot stiffer and harder to reinstall when you do this I hear. The spanner doesn't fit well, but the first post was correct. Expect to bleed from the knuckles.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rojodiablo said:
Since the adj. collar is on top, it is a bear to adjust. Some brave souls take them off to set the height and then re-install. I haven't been that brave yet. They get a whole lot stiffer and harder to reinstall when you do this I hear. The spanner doesn't fit well, but the first post was correct. Expect to bleed from the knuckles.
Great it should be a fun x-mas day project.

·
Registered
95 Posts
kodiak said:

Jack it up, take off the tire, loosen the allen screw and instead of using the spanner that came with it use a large punch or allen wrench. The spanner doesn't work very well when the coilover is installed. Spray a little lube on the threads also before you start. I would probably raise it only a half inch to start and then check it and go from there. Drive it around real quick after raising it before you measure the height and check angle on the CV's.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
rojodiablo said:
Uhh yea ok, even though it only takes like 15 minutes to adjust each side, and you CAN do it on the truck, Hell I run a set of 8" stroke Kings on my truck and it takes me longer to get the tools out than to adjust the ride height.. Its not rocket science you know.. Loosen a nut use a 1/4 hand driver or extention and adjust away..

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Does anyone make a spanner that would be attached to a socket with like a 3/8 or 1/4 square socket insert?? I think if one is available, it might make the project easier. If they are around, who has them? Desert Trd- any info?? Thanks, Paul.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
rojodiablo said:
Does anyone make a spanner that would be attached to a socket with like a 3/8 or 1/4 square socket insert?? I think if one is available, it might make the project easier. If they are around, who has them? Desert Trd- any info?? Thanks, Paul.
Uhh no.. Just use a dam 1/4" hand driver, whats the deal, its not rocket science.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i have the camburgs and the spanner that they come with works fine but once you get past 1 inch of theading you need to put like a pipe or something on the end of it to give you some extra leverage. and at about 1.5 inch you starting running into the a arm and dont have any room to work. to extend the shock you crank it clockwise from the top

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally did the adjustment. Started with 1 inch of thread showing and crank them up a little under 1.5 inch of thread. It was kinda of pain in the ass. Made it easier when I jacked up the arm which got it out of the way. CV's still look fine, can see through each fin. Might have to go a little higher in the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts