TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im running camburg coil overs on my 03 4x4 trd extended cab taco with their upper control arms. heres the concern: after every offroad trip i have to put more preload into the springs to bring it back up to about 2.75" lift. i dont jump or really beat on my truck that hard, i do tend to drive a little fast on dirt roads, but not like i was in "race" mode. im running 33" mtrs on 15x8 alum. wheels. i do have a prerunner bumper and glass fenders, but no winch on front. ive called scott at camburg numerous times, sent him pics hes requested a couple times showing how much preload i have in springs and how high it sits. but never get a response. just curious if this is a common thing or should i find some new springs? i understand that the springs need to seet or set when first put on, but ive been turning up the preload for about 6mos now. any ideas??

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
The Camburg coilovers have been known to sag. Where are you located? Scott's a pretty stand-up guy, have you tried swinging by the shop and showing him? You could switch to a higher spring rate, get new springs, or switch to 'Hoes which have a sag-free guarantee I believe. 6 months is a long time for the springs to "settle" usually it takes about 1. How many times have you taken it out? I would of just beat on it a few times then adjust it right off the bat, personally.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I'm going to go ahead and put this in Suspension for you. Try posting in the right one next time por favor :)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Tweeter said:
I'm going to go ahead and put this in Suspension for you. Try posting in the right one next time por favor :)
Now he will be lost good job tweeter!

I have burg coil overs and have only touched them once since I put them on 1.5 years ago. That was only to crack on the driver side to level the truck out and that was maybe 2 months ago. I have put those c/o's through some shit and they work great still!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
ive had the same problem with mine, ive considered heavier springs, but they never got back to me about em. so i just live with it.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
same here. starting to make me mad though i dont like the way my truck doesnt sit level anymore. anybody know who else sells the springs other then camburg? they never emailed me back with prices info etc

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't know what mine will do I have had them at 4in on both sides for about a week since the back of my truck sits so high, waiting on a body lift from captain j and then I will lower them back down, mine will probably sag too now. They were at a little under 3 for a good 6-7 months and no problem, does everyone have the same version of coilovers?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
do anybodys saws ride like shit? when i hit bumps with them cranked up to where they are around 3 the shocks dont feel like they are doing anything and dont soften up any bumps on the road or trail. camburg wont email me back about the heavier coils, have great communication with them for a couple days then when it comes to ordering the coils they wont answer back. pretty frustrating

·
Registered
734 Posts
bagal said:
I don't know what mine will do I have had them at 4in on both sides for about a week since the back of my truck sits so high, waiting on a body lift from captain j and then I will lower them back down, mine will probably sag too now. They were at a little under 3 for a good 6-7 months and no problem, does everyone have the same version of coilovers?
Wow your one lucky sob if you have 4" of lift on the front with the coils supposed to max out at 3". you must be blowing cv boots like crazy though.

·
Registered
501 Posts
my front end was starting to sag b/c of my bumper and skidplate. so i started chasing down heavyer springs. camburg reps are hard to get a hold of. i just kept nagging, and replying to the same message everyonce in a while. i finnally got the springs in no hurry at all. wouldnt trade my burgs for anything tho.

·
Registered
80 Posts
blah.....When did you buy the coilovers? A couple years back there was a coil issue, but has since been solved. You can tell by the part number on the spring. They definitely should not still be sagging, unless we are talking about adjusting every 1/32" change....it should settle around 1-2" total. I really need to know the amount of threads you have showing, you may be right on and just not know it.

Ryan @ CAMBURG.....ps. did you ever send the pics? Scott and I never just ignore emails, especially from TTORA members.

·
Registered
556 Posts
"Ive got hoes" should be the only time you can use the term hoes when your refering to donahoes or your hoes lol..

·
Registered
982 Posts
I've had my Cambergs on for around 10k miles now and they have not sagged at all so far. They have the 650# 13" springs and the ride is leaps and bounds better than the old spacer lift I was running.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts