TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a thread before this about adding the deaver 3 leaf add a pack to my leafs and fortunately some other member who had a spare set of OEM leafs saw it and is donating them to me so i can rebuild my pack. So now that i have a few more bucks to spend i was wondering which of the 2 COs in the title was better for my truck(in sig). According to the wheelers website the camburgs have a 625lb 14 inch spring while the SAWs have a 650lb 13 inch spring. Which of these do you think would suit my truck better? TIA for any info

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Do you plan on adding any heavier duty skids, or custom bumper up front...?? if so.. go with the heavier spring rate...

I personally am running Downey CO's with Tundra springs (800lb) No skid or bumper just yet... but it's there!! :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Animal said:
Do you plan on adding any heavier duty skids, or custom bumper up front...?? if so.. go with the heavier spring rate...

I personally am running Downey CO's with Tundra springs (800lb) No skid or bumper just yet... but it's there!! :)
Thanks, but if i have a custom bumper won't you be paranoid about me rear ending you at big bear next year? ;) Let me tell you that was pretty scary :lmao: but i've upgraded my brakes so hopefully it won't happen again. :) Hey Erik do you think the longer coil on the camburgs provides any advantage? Or do you think my D-Cab will be too heavy for them and cause them to sag?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
5vzfe said:
Thanks, but if i have a custom bumper won't you be paranoid about me rear ending you at big bear next year? ;) Let me tell you that was pretty scary :lmao: but i've upgraded my brakes so hopefully it won't happen again. :) Hey Erik do you think the longer coil on the camburgs provides any advantage? Or do you think my D-Cab will be too heavy for them and cause them to sag?
Ah... yer breaks were wet if do recall that close encounter... :lmao:
Plus I was rearended on the way up there... Little car went underneath me... ha ha.. truck was ok.. but car didn't fair so well...

there's prolly only 100 to 200 pounds difference from xcab to dcab... so.. I wouldn't think that the longer coil would sag prematurely... johnnywerks (Juan) is running extended Hoe's up front and isn't having any saging issues... he was also running my current CO setup for a little over a year (minus the tundy springs). I think it all depends on what you add and how hard your drive yer truck offroad... The tundy springs are a little rough on the road.. but do very well OffRoading... :kewl: But I plan on Adding some new skids and bumpers early next year!! :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Animal
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing