TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking into getting either the camburd/deaver/bilstein kit for 1550 or the donahoes/deaver/bilstein kit for 1650 from demello-offroad.com.... does anyone have suggestions on which one to get? i know the camburg coilovers and donahoe coilovers both go for 950 so would it be smart to get the camburgs since i am getting them for 100 less? FEEDBACK PLEASE!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
actually just to let you know both the donahoe package and camburg package your lookin at is only 1500 bones until december 26th at demello-offroad :eek: ...better get it while its on sale!
 

·
Not really here...
Joined
·
3,013 Posts
cauch235 said:
i am looking into getting either the camburd/deaver/bilstein kit for 1550 or the donahoes/deaver/bilstein kit for 1650 from demello-offroad.com.... does anyone have suggestions on which one to get? i know the camburg coilovers and donahoe coilovers both go for 950 so would it be smart to get the camburgs since i am getting them for 100 less? FEEDBACK PLEASE!

This may help...

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23112&postcount=6
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
hahah thats funny how the reply supporting donahoes is coming from the president of donahoe himself. just made me smile. :rolleyes:
-darren
 

·
Not really here...
Joined
·
3,013 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
hahah thats funny how the reply supporting donahoes is coming from the president of donahoe himself. just made me smile. :rolleyes:
-darren
Cauch235 wanted some input on the differences between the Camburgs and the Donahoe's. Donahoe's post explains some of the differences. He also states, "Im kinda bias so take my post with a grain of salt." So instead of smiling and rolling your eyes at the obvious, maybe you'd like to provide some info that could assist Cauch in making a decision?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,259 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
hahah thats funny how the reply supporting donahoes is coming from the president of donahoe himself. just made me smile. :rolleyes:
-darren

Yes, yes, that was hilarious. Absolutly, positively, without a doubt the funniest thing that I have ever heard in my entire freaking life. You could probably work it into a standup bit and take it on the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,478 Posts
I give Donahoe some real credit.... Do you see ??? Ford backing up his stuff to the people personally?? And, he was truthful. Now, if he could just be as funny as the new taco's fenders, it would be a perfect Christmas. I tried one today... that is what happens when your father in law builds Toyota indy cars. This thing had some MOTOR. It is a project truck from an R&D guy. It is a streeter, and it flew.He almost fainted when I mentioned a lift kit. He don't love me no more. But the truck drove real nice...real nice.
 

·
Not really here...
Joined
·
3,013 Posts
rojodiablo said:
I give Donahoe some real credit.... Do you see ??? Ford backing up his stuff to the people personally?? And, he was truthful. Now, if he could just be as funny as the new taco's fenders, it would be a perfect Christmas. I tried one today... that is what happens when your father in law builds Toyota indy cars. This thing had some MOTOR. It is a project truck from an R&D guy. It is a streeter, and it flew.He almost fainted when I mentioned a lift kit. He don't love me no more. But the truck drove real nice...real nice.
Your post has what to do with anything in this thread??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
If you shop around you will find Demello to generally be a bit on the pricey side. You can the Camburg/deaver/bilstien set up from Camburg for 1550 any day of the week, and that is not including the TTORA discount you get which I think is about 10%. If you go through whelers.com you don't have to pay sales tax and they will pay the shipping on the coilovers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
There is no comparasent go with the best Donahoe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
Thats with the uni-Ball arms you moron. He said nothing about getting the uni-Ball arms. He said Camburgs/deavers/and bilstiens. The Camburg coilovers are 950 and the Deaver springs WITH bilstien 5100's are 600. 950+600= 1550. Tard.

And I wasn't knocking anyones business. I was informing a fellow Tacoma owner of a cheaper place to buy his parts. So chill the fuck out.
 

·
Not really here...
Joined
·
3,013 Posts
4BYnTacoma said:
Thats with the uni-Ball arms you moron. He said nothing about getting the uni-Ball arms. He said Camburgs/deavers/and bilstiens. The Camburg coilovers are 950 and the Deaver springs WITH bilstien 5100's are 600. 950+600= 1550. Tard.

And I wasn't knocking anyones business. I was informing a fellow Tacoma owner of a cheaper place to buy his parts. So chill the fuck out.
I was under the impression the DeMello package included the uni-ball arms. Simple mistake, Nancy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
rojodiablo said:
I give Donahoe some real credit.... Do you see ??? Ford backing up his stuff to the people personally?? And, he was truthful. Now, if he could just be as funny as the new taco's fenders, it would be a perfect Christmas. I tried one today... that is what happens when your father in law builds Toyota indy cars. This thing had some MOTOR. It is a project truck from an R&D guy. It is a streeter, and it flew.He almost fainted when I mentioned a lift kit. He don't love me no more. But the truck drove real nice...real nice.
Maybe I missed something., but WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,478 Posts
Nothing really. Just ocdp2000 laughing about Donahoe coming out to talk up his stuff. I think it's good that he does that, and gives some opposing viewpoints. You don't find some other builders doing that; wether or not their stuff is really good. And as for the new street taco, I got a message from a friend while on this post asking me about it, and My post went here instead of his private message box, 'cause I was doing ten things at once, and put it here on accident.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
i started a fight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
:eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :stfu:
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,845 Posts
cauch235 said:
i am looking into getting either the camburd/deaver/bilstein kit for 1550 or the donahoes/deaver/bilstein kit for 1650 from demello-offroad.com.... does anyone have suggestions on which one to get? i know the camburg coilovers and donahoe coilovers both go for 950 so would it be smart to get the camburgs since i am getting them for 100 less? FEEDBACK PLEASE!
http://www.off-road.com/toyota/projects/tacoma/coil_over_compare/index.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,295 Posts
the camburgs are the same as the old donahoes...the new donahoes have more technology and they're the same price, which in my opinion makes them better. the donahoe racing tacoma won their class in the baja 1000 using only their suspension products. that's reason enough for me to run their stuff if i didnt already have it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble but the Camburg Coilovers are not the same shocks Sway-Away designed and built for Donahoe prior to him assembling them himself. Me and Kreg can go back and forth with this all day long, it comes down to opinions. They are both high quality shocks with sutle differences. Remember, its just a shock, no one has re-invented the wheel here and come up with ground breaking new shock technology.

The funny thing is a lot of the people that say they luv their DR shocks probably have the Sway-Away built versions that Kreg once called the best.

The best way to find out what works for you is to ride in different trucks, talk to people that have both, talk to both companies and come up with a decision based on that.

I feel the Camburg coilovers are just as good if not better than what's out there and I have my reasons, just like Kreg has his.

- Scott @ Camburg Engineering
 
1 - 20 of 151 Posts
Top