TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am there, paint job is peeling and is a great excuse to go camo and add to the "look at my truck" factor. For those with the Camo paint jobs how are those bad boys handling? Fading, staining, durability?​
Read some of the threads and there has been threats of matte finish clear coating to prevent staining, any words of wisdom before I get to sanding? I am going a non traditional route of camo.​

No i am not computer savy but gives me a starting point, shooting for Mike's style of paint but using the red, match my budbuilt skid plate.

Please, any "wish I would have" comments would be appreciated as I have never prepped or painted a vehicle before. One of the "gotta try it once" kinda guys, just don't want to F it up. Thanks guys. Going to wait till it warms up so will be planning and designing in the mean time. Thanks!
Wood :D

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
My girlfriend talked me into scrubbing some of the crap off my paint yesterday, and I noticed that the white was pretty badly stained by red Moab mud and ATF from a leaky steering box. I guess the paint is so flat and porous that it stains pretty easy.

If it ever irritates me enough (doubtful) I will just paint over some of the sections again.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
that is one freakin awesome paint scheme, haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
MERCER FABRICATION
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing