TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious to see if anyone had any pics of a newer camo'd tundra. I will probibly be picking one up for a wheeler/hunting truck and after some body work, I don't really want to put a nice, expensive paint job on it just to scratch it up. My plans are to "camo" it like some of the tacomas I have seen on here but I would like to see a couple pics first, if at all possible.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i can't imagine anyone would have stripped the paint of a new or year old truck already! 05 and 06 is almost too new to have any pinstriping yet....almost ;)

but, hey if anyone actually has camo'd one, i'd like to see it too.

·
Registered
779 Posts
um yeah, tried photoshop yet..? paint? I have never seen or heard of a new tundra being camo'd

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I figured 05-06 was too new to be painted up but it was worth a shot. Anyone be willing to photoshop an 05 double cab to snow camo for me?

·
Registered
275 Posts
You can always buy that vinyl covering that you can put on yer vehicle. Not sure how expensive that is but it will keep the scratches off the paint... ;)

·
Registered
779 Posts
very pricey http://www.vehiclewraps.ca/ yeah, not happening kinda pricey (like thousands) there have been some 4runners gone through craigslist that used that place.. sweet but spensive

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked at camoclad and I think it was around $1K to do a full size truck. It looks good but, personally, I think some of the home paint jobs on here look better. I think the pattern is too small with the camoclad so it looks kind of cluttered unless you're right next to it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ive seen an 05 i believe with rhino liner on the hood and roof, think they were getting around to doing the whole truck...

·
Registered
779 Posts
i am line-x(ing) my whole truck but that off-topic? anyways camoclad looks decent but not for the price..

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to look at the truck again this morning. If I go ahead and buy it, I'll get it straight and then decide what to do about paint. If I do go with the snow camo, I'll post pics when its done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts