TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys thought I'd share this here. It was posted up over at ExPo. Awesome!!
It features lights, custom bumpers, dual batteries, hot shower, 22 gallon water tank 39 gallons fuel, engel, honda generator, full kitchen, tent suystem, hard case mounts on top rack, compressor system ome suspension w airbag, 33" tires dual arb lockers, manual tranny propane tanks, and a whole lot more. The system will be offered as a complete buy it and drive truck with plans for a diy kit.

In this image you will see the tent covered and the rear flood lights. You can also see the rear kitchen bin. It has 2 burner stove, spice rack, plates, bowls, cups, utensils, cutlery and more in it. You can also see the l.e.d. tail lights.

A front shot shows the custom bumper and winch set up.

This gives you a perspective against the trailer system. Note the taller bin on the truck and matching wheels on the trailer the truck and trailer each can carry a matching spare tire no problem.

And here are the shots set up and deployed.

Note the Pelican cases mounted up top forward of the tent. You can get to your clothes and stuff from inside the tent this way.

Here you can see the tent with the drop down room. The drop room features a zip down door for all weather kitchen access. You can also see the Engel fridge which is on a custom slide as well here.

A front angle same side. Keep in mind there are some zip on awnings that will run down the side of the truck/tent when deplyed. They can be put on both sides.

Close up of drivers side bin system.Note the Kitadyne expedition water filter and hot water shower systems. You can also see the side awning rolled up.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
The concept it good-lots of good ideas... but it seems like they could have done a little something with the tent on top, kind of looks like it is just wrapped up in black plastic. The tent on TacoDOC's set up seem a little more compact.
The trailer kind of brings back memories of a military MKT. Having matching rims/tires on truck and trailer is always a great idea....

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ocdropzone said:
The concept it good-lots of good ideas... but it seems like they could have done a little something with the tent on top, kind of looks like it is just wrapped up in black plastic. The tent on TacoDOC's set up seem a little more compact.
It could be that the privy shelter is stored under the cover as well, I don't think Doc has the privy shelter attachment. I think a Hannibal or Eezi-awn tent would probably be a better option, it does look a little like a big garbage bag sitting up on top there. Not to mention I bet it gets real hot in the sun.

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
It looks like the back of the roach coach that comes to my construction site everyday. Man I hate food off that damn truck....

·
Registered
883 Posts
that is awesome. haah. would never do it to myne, but still, sweet camping rig

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Moved to off topic :confused: Really? Is it any more off topic then discussion about tonneau covers, prices, atvs in the bed or any of the other less "tech" topics I see in the 05 tech thread? It seems pretty "techy" to me, it's a total 05 expedition conversion. :saw:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lost Canadian said:
Moved to off topic :confused: Really? Is it any more off topic then discussion about tonneau covers, prices, atvs in the bed or any of the other less "tech" topics I see in the 05 tech thread? It seems pretty "techy" to me, it's a total 05 expedition conversion. :saw:
Then....in a flash...moved right back to Late Tacoma.... :confused:

Where it stops...nobody knows....

BTW....very nice truck. I agree the tent cover seems kind of clumsy looking, but it is a HUGE tent under there.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Cool but EDIT: The bumper is not custom bumper and winch setup

·
Registered
94 Posts
If I camped 365 days a year that might be thing to own but unfortunately
I camp 3 to 5 times a year and could not see driving that to work every day

:confused:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
marnes2986 said:
Cool but EDIT: The bumper is not custom bumper and winch setup
Ah... but it is, look closely. There are a couple subtle touches added that your standard Allpro bumper does not have. ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wow. That guy must go camping for months at a time. When I go camping I can fit all my stuff in my cab and tool box that I need. Impressive rig though.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The outfit is obviously designed for long range expeditions not simple weekend camping, although I'm sure it would work wonderfully for that. Expeditions are far more popular in other parts of the world like Europe but there is a fair share of North Americans who travel to remote regions of both North, Central and South America. I believe the Campa USA outfit is targeted to that group of free spirits looking for adventure far away from home.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts