TTORA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lookin into gettin a camper top for the taco and was wandering what the price range is on one?? looking for a fiberglass one

·
Registered
123 Posts
For what model truck and year. There are several companies that make some really nice ones. LEER, ARE, SnugTop. Fully loaded for a DC its about $1500-1600.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I bought my truck used with the camper shell already with it and i had to give its value to my insurance company. So i called around, for the model I have (Snugtop Super Sport) the cost was $1800. Hope that helps you out.

Nino

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was suprised too. Glad my truck came with it. I don't think i would have bought one if my truck didn't come with it. Try to look for a used one. good luck.

Nino

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can sometimes find camper tops at used car lots. I bought one a few years ago for a GMC I had. I got it right off a truck they had on the lot, I think I paid about $300 for it.

·
Registered
984 Posts
You can get modest / entry-level ARE's new for around $900 - $1000 (as of last summer in OH). Haunt the classifieds ... One great thing about fiberglass tops is that they re-sell for only a fraction of their initial cost. You can always get it repainted...

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you decide to buy new check the web site for coupons. ARE usually has one. Not sure about the other manufactures.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I got a topper from an older toyota truck. It fits, just a little shorter by and inch or more. 200 bucks, it will be worth it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
If I was getting a "camper" shell actually for camping, I'd get one of these. Although they are kinda fugly they serve an incredible purpose. I know a guy who has one on a Tundra and it's practically a moblie home when it's popped open.

I've thought about one of these for my 4Runner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts