TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up my campershell today and i'm not sure if it gonna survive at tellico. my main concern is the bed flexing too much and cracking the the camper. i know marshall wheeled the piss out of his and i don't remeber him having any issues but i was thinking the longer bed my help ease the stress on the camper. does this make sense too anyone?
-daniel

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
If that were the case 4runners would have never been used as wheeling rigs - removable tops

·
Registered
232 Posts
Daniel,
How'd the wife like it, once she saw it on your truck? I think it looks better on a white truck than on a silver...
On your question..I think leaning into a tree would be a bigger concern than bed flex. Don't know though, I never wheeled with the camper top on my truck....

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
make sense, just worried about nothing i guess. thanks
-daniel

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hambone303 said:
Daniel,
How'd the wife like it, once she saw it on your truck? I think it looks better on a white truck than on a silver...
On your question..I think leaning into a tree would be a bigger concern than bed flex. Don't know though, I never wheeled with the camper top on my truck....
well jason, i'd have to say she liked it, she could tell i was excited about it! i can't say whether it looks better on silver or white but personally i think it looks damn good on my truck :D
i agree about leaning it on a tree, might try my next wheeln' trip without it to see how close the bed gets to some of the obsatcles now that i got the bl. i sure can feel the weight of that thing back there, smoothes the ride out a bit! and thanks again for letting me borrow your clamps.
-daniel

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
04tacodrvr said:
just picked up my campershell today and i'm not sure if it gonna survive at tellico. my main concern is the bed flexing too much and cracking the the camper. i know marshall wheeled the piss out of his and i don't remeber him having any issues but i was thinking the longer bed my help ease the stress on the camper. does this make sense too anyone?
-daniel
Good question, I've wondered the same about mine.
Was more concerned about the shell tagging the cab when flexed though.
I remember seeing old Cheby pickup beds dent the cabs when flexed hard. But hey, that's a Cheby. lol

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Daniel,
I rigged up some special clamps and a place to mount my hi-lift when I had my shell on there. Just make sure you double check those clamps, frequently, as I did have mine move up and hit the cab where the 3rd brake light is and it dented it a little bit. I want to say those clamps cost about $8 a piece and I got mine from a place off of 41 near White Water.

Give me a call this week so we can figure out some time to adjust your trans linkage and put those skids on!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hoping the skids will be at the house when i get home today. if they're delivered today i'll paint them tonite and bring 'em over wednesday if that works for you.
-daniel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts