TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i bit the bullet and ordered cams from LC because besides custom grinds the only other person i found selling them was westool and that fucker needs to die....so i ordered LC....as far as i know no one has installed cams and gotten dynoed so we shall see

·
Registered
770 Posts
LavosTRD said:

S/C'd or N/A? What else is done to the truck? Previous dyno numbers?

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
nice, let us know how it feels once you get them in

that a/f ratio looks really lean at first then really rich, u need to tune that bitch tom

lmk if you want some help...

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm interested to see what power increases they will give you, and where in the RPMs. Also, are you going to be putting them in yourself? If so, take lots of pictures and notes so the lazy people here like me can foillow suit!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong, but with forced induction dont you want a stock or very mild cam? let us know how they work out, ive been eyeing those as well. if they work out well i might throw in a set when everything is already torn out for my overbore and forged pistons.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
i was actually planning on going with wiseco's forged pistons. are the toyota pistons forged?

·
Registered
320 Posts
when you do a custom grind on a cam what type of measurement are you using? a degree, milimeter, fraction of an inch? I ask because I have a cousin who works at a michine shop and has the abillity to do a custom grind, but I dont know how much he needs to grind off or to what degree would be best for my set up.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
tacocharger04 said:
when you do a custom grind on a cam what type of measurement are you using? a degree, milimeter, fraction of an inch? I ask because I have a cousin who works at a michine shop and has the abillity to do a custom grind, but I dont know how much he needs to grind off or to what degree would be best for my set up.
What you're altering is the duration of the lift...measured in degrees. I'm no expert on custom grinds...but if I had to guess I'd say that material needs to be added to the stock lobes to get a longer duration. Seems like just grinding would only reduce the lift of the valves.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts