TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a V6 06 TRD 4x4 and thinking of getting cams, what do you guys think about them? is there other thing that i have to change when i change the cams? where is a good place for this kind of job in SOCal? thanx in advance

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why do you wanna change the cams?
if your looking for performance just get a supercharger and some fuel mods;)
Supercharger is 4500$ too much for now. But untill i get the money for it i thought about the cams. Am not sure am i on the right track?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Joom: IMO stay away from cam upgrades. My reasoning; voids engine warrantee, and the tuning issues will drive you bat shit crazy. The truck runs fine stock, why mess with it? But then again, if you choose to upgrade, I would save up the cash and supercharge it. This way the truck runs stock until you start making boost and you have the least negative impact to your fuel economy in the long run. IMO it's the best of both worlds.:2cents:

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Supercharger is 4500$ too much for now. But untill i get the money for it i thought about the cams. Am not sure am i on the right track?
buy a used one for around $1000 then get the fuel mods...It will cost less than 4500. stay away from cam upgrades unless you are going to complement them with other engine upgrades. Do it once, Do it right.

Superchargin is the way to go if you want more power;)

Like said before..save your money then buy the supercharger.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
I think you are throwing new found words around and you don't really have any clue what they do or how your engine and it's systems works.

I suggest you spend your time and a little money on some books first instead of flailing around aimlessly talking about shit which you have absolutely no understanding of.

Even if you could find someone to grind custom cams for the Toyota engine, doubtful, the purpose of performance cams is to increase valve lift and usually overlap to increase performance at high rpms while sacrificing decent idle, low rpm performance and drive-ability. Last I heard, the engine in the 06 already has variable valve timing. What do you think that's for?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I dont think anyone makes cams for your truck... i may be wrong, but i dont think so. Its not a 350 chevy motor, it has VVTi (do u know what that is?)

you would have to have a fully built race motor before you would need cams in the motor thats in your truck. Yes you are going about it COMPLETELY wrong.
the motor also has 4 cams.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
there is someone running around here with the sig "doing it first time is expensive"

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oops I failed to read you have an 06. SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE then SAVE some more. its better to wait then to do it half assed and get shitty parts
i guess your right.. saving already started. thank you very much for your help

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think you are throwing new found words around and you don't really have any clue what they do or how your engine and it's systems works.

I suggest you spend your time and a little money on some books first instead of flailing around aimlessly talking about shit which you have absolutely no understanding of.

Even if you could find someone to grind custom cams for the Toyota engine, doubtful, the purpose of performance cams is to increase valve lift and usually overlap to increase performance at high rpms while sacrificing decent idle, low rpm performance and drive-ability. Last I heard, the engine in the 06 already has variable valve timing. What do you think that's for?
1st of all nobody in this world know everything, so that’s why we learn. Also I asked this question in the Noob section because I don’t want any smart ass response from you. Either you help in a nice way or keep your shit to your self. Thank you :)

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
1st of all nobody in this world know everything, so that’s why we learn. Also I asked this question in the Noob section because I don’t want any smart ass response from you. Either you help in a nice way or keep your shit to your self. Thank you :)

The Dick invented the world so knows all ;)

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Listen, moron. That wasn't a smart ass response it was an honest assessment of what I think is going on followed with what I thought was some good advice. If you're intent on staying ignorant then go right on ahead. However, be advised that after a while that ignorance will soon become stupidity.

BTW That was some advice that will save you a ton of money and result in you reaching the goal you seek if you're smart enough to follow it.

If you don't like answers simply because they aren't what you want to hear, or make you appear as ignorant as you obviously are, then maybe you should not ask any more questions. If you already know what you want to hear then you have already answered your own question. Asking it again here is therefore redundant.

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not is a fool. He who knows not and knows he knows not is a wise man."

Feel free to flail around aimlessly and piss away your money like a fool. You aren't interested in learning one damn thing. You're mostly interested in your tender little ego and trying to look good. I'm done with you now, you snot nosed punk so fuck off.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
please, on behalf of all of us, dont piss off Dick

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I can still smell the smoking barrel from that gunshot...ouch:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts