TTORA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07' Toyota Tacoma with a 4.0 L V6 Engine with an intake spec of .15-.25 and a Exhaust spec of .29-.39. It came with the off road package and i am looking to put a few mods. on it and not sure what to get! I want to put a new intake system on is and i want to put a new exhaust system with it I am also thinking of maybe turbo charging it and not sure what to use or what to do. Is a throttle body something worth investing into?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I have a 07' Toyota Tacoma with a 4.0 L V6 Engine with an intake spec of .15-.25 and a Exhaust spec of .29-.39. It came with the off road package and i am looking to put a few mods. on it and not sure what to get! I want to put a new intake system on is and i want to put a new exhaust system with it I am also thinking of maybe turbo charging it and not sure what to use or what to do. Is a throttle body something worth investing into?
Did you try searching the forum?

Here's a couple other places to search:
http://www.customtacos.com/forum/index.php
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/f22

Or how about this:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=2007+Tacoma+supercharger

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Spintech throttle body spacer?
K&N filter?

The 4.0L is a bit under-powered for you? Must be drag racing...

·
Registered
324 Posts
check out urd's web site, buy everything they make for your truck and you'll go fast!

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Turbo?

Do it right and correct and invest in the URD supercharger for your truck. I don't think any one makes a Turbo kit, so you would be jigger rigging something up on your own.

Anything else is just pennies of ponies.

·
Registered
398 Posts
there was a guy in toyota 4wd owner that had a turbo on his. looked pretty sick, but as already stated i dont think anybody makes a kit.

·
Registered
215 Posts
only bad thing about the URD supercharger is its not legal on highway vehicles in california. otherwise i would be saving my pennies for that and not long travel :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So then the supercharger is the best way to go from URD...Now I have heard that the Borla exhaust is the best way to go with the enginee that I have and the K&N is the best intake to get does anyone recommend anything else that way be more sufficent....and for the throttle spacer, its better to add just a space then putting a throttle body kit?

·
Registered
324 Posts
borla is overpriced and sounds like you have an exhaust leak, k&n will give you some sort of hp gains, but the filtering qualities are not very good, stick with the stock filter or search for more choices, or buy them? theres worse products out there!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts