TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
i HAVE THE BASIC KIT!

In the axle angle topic i have pics of the bottom of the assembly, i can get some pics of the whole thing a little later!

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
I had the basic kit, upgraded to a 2.5 coilover recently, but the install and pictures are on my website in the product review section. IMO good kit, I gave it heaps.

·
Registered
72 Posts
anybody lose any body parts in putting the fabtech coilover assembly together. Just letting the top plate and everything go flying is great shit!!!! I bet it was fun :xcrazy:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I have the basic kit, easy to install etc., hasn't let me down on the trail or anywhere. I had a set of collars freeze up on me and no anti-seize could bust em free so i called fabtech and they sent me new ones free of charge. So obviously my interaction with them has been a great one.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
atwinda, which coilover did you switch to?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I think he's running kings, it says something about that on his site that they feel more "sure". Did the fabtech's sag too much?

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
4x4crazy12345 said:
anybody lose any body parts in putting the fabtech coilover assembly together. Just letting the top plate and everything go flying is great shit!!!! I bet it was fun :xcrazy:

I like to compress my springs, and let fly. I'm trying to see how much damage I can do to my garage :xdevil:

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Yeah, I finally made the switch to a 2.5" coilover when they came along at the right price. The reason for them feeling more "sure" was entirely due to the fact that I had beat the crap outta the fabtech shocks. They are leaking around the seals. I would still buy the kit again if I was on a budget.

Edit:Sag was not really an issue after the first month or so... I just had to crank them up 3/4 of a turn and it was all back to + 3.5".

·
Registered
307 Posts
I only have mine turned up to maybe 2.5" and i clear 285x75x16 no problem on stock wheels.!

Just minor rubbing here and there, on the Frame up front lock to lock, and the little bolt on my damn fender flare in the rear when tweaked way out!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Claymon said:
here are some pics of the basic kit install about a year later. it has held up very well. I think it was designed to allow for 32's, but i'm sure you could squeeze some 33s on. i have it cranked to about 3".

http://community.webshots.com/user/claymon99
Claymon, in that one pic of the side shot of your truck it appears that your axle isn't centered or something, what's up w/that :confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
hmm, are you referring to the rear axle appearing too far back in the wheel well, or it being offcentered underneath the chassis? my AAL has really settled (almost a couple inches!) so that may be why it appears that way, if that's what you're referring too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts